An insurer would not accept an HIs wind mit

I just don’t know why anyone that doesn’t do wind mits would even feel the need to comment on this post. It seems that a lot of “out of staters” value their own opinions so much that they have to comment on posts that don’t pertain to them or their market.
Do they constantly comment on other regional posts?
John S. brought up the idea of a FL members only section a while back. It might not be a bad idea.

An insurer shall accept as valid a uniform mitigation verification form signed by the following authorized mitigation inspectors:
1. A home inspector licensed under s. 468.8314 who has completed at least 3 hours of hurricane mitigation training approved by the Construction Industry Licensing Board which includes hurricane mitigation techniques and compliance with the uniform mitigation verification form and completion of a proficiency exam;
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What is so hard to understand about that?

Although they may accept a form signed by someone that they deem qualified, as per the law, a home inspector who has met the requirements qualifies.

Can we leave out Meekerville, it really is it’s own place in reality?:stuck_out_tongue:

we havent had an issues with the HI sig being accepted. But, I do know of at least one carrier that directs the inspections from HI’s to a special pile for extra scrutiny.

Easy and plentiful targets. Like clubbing carp in a No.2 wash tub.

Just curious, was there any issues with this HI’s wind mit?

No it was one of my inspector’s QA’d with my office :smiley:

I have numerous assurances from Citizens and four other insurance companies that if the inspector includes evidence of having:

1. Membership in InterNACHI
  2. Passed InterNACHI’s CILB-approved Wind Mitigation Inspection course.
  3. FL Home Inspectors license

… his/her report will be accepted.

My advice is to include everything.

I don’t mind other qualified input. They may have some great ideas or opinions that we might want to explore more for our area.
Just have to separate ignorant from stupid as “you can’t fix stupid”

The letter clearly stated they only took other licenses. It did not say, you need xyz as a home inspector.

see attached photo

Now “they” have made me start blogging again.

http://honorconstruction.com/blog1/

John,
I can help you with this one if needed. Give me a call. I still owe you for the great meeting!

Then they are in violation of Florida law.

We fixed it :twisted:

Told ya :slight_smile:

I fixed it before I made the post :roll:

glad to hear it.

As usual you do not understand the facts

Or the English language!

This has been a common problem with the inspectors, regulators and underwriters from the get go regarding this form. The written language continues to be vague, open to interpretation and lacks specificity. The new form has eliminated some areas of confusion but also has mistakes due to the complexity of the language used. I won’t elaborate on the mistakes as they work in the best interests of the insured. Just seems incredible that something so forthright in concept has strayed so far afield.

Home inspectors are qualified to fill out the form provided they have met the education requirements, if so the form MUST be acceptable to all insurers. State law, case closed.