And yet another Chapter website...

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachidenver.org

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Beautifully done Denver. Congrats?

Would you consider listing the NACHI Foundation? Please see www.nachifoundation.org.

Thank-you for your consideration.

Originally Posted By: gbell

John,

Are you trying to bully people into the foundation? I am sure there are a few people that feel as I do about the foundation and will not participate.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: dfrend

I think you are reading too much into it. Lighten up.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Greg,

Thank-you for your opinion and openess.

Best Regards,

My feelings have nothing to do with my distaste for someone. I am just following the suggestions given by two directors of the Foundation. When I did have a problem I was told that if I didn’t like it I didn’t need to participate. That is why I will never donate or involve myself with the foundation. Fortunately for me their are many other charitable organizations that do want my money.

I only express my feelings when I see people take actions such as you did with your comment about how disappointed you are because someone didn't do what you felt they should.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Daniel

If you really think that I am some people then watch out because you will start to see illusions around every corner.

I would also say that if it were not for the web NACHI would not be here. I think the lack of registrants for the convention is proof of that.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Quote:
I would also say that if it were not for the web NACHI would not be here. I think the lack of registrants for the convention is proof of that.
The web? Isn't the above site a chapter? So they don't make up part of our organization?

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store

Quote:
I am just following the suggestions given by two directors of the Foundation. When I did have a problem I was told that if I didn't like it I didn't need to participate.

Greg, lets be clear here. You are right, but you're using facts to misconstrue intent. You recently complained and made it clear you felt slighted by us. The correspondence you recieved from at least one of those directors was nothing short of an apology for how we made you feel. You were told in the email I sent you, in no uncertain terms, that your contributions, and everyone elses were very valuable and appreciated.

You had brought up concerns in a public forum of "mandatory" donations. The NACHI Foundation has NEVER asked for "mandatory" donations. You disagreed with our founding sponsor to give seed money. When I wrote you, I told you that we did in fact appreciate all supporters, but made it clear that if you did not feel comfortable donating to us, then it was your right not to.

So yes, you were told you "did not need to participate." But let's not try and mislead everyone.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store

Daniel,

I would suggest that you get your facts straight before you make things clear. I was referring to what took place when you and Gary started offering things that NACHI was capable of offering. Your training school and store, which I see you are still promoting on the board instead of allowing Dave Bush to procure the same items. That is when I was told If I didn’t like it I didn’t need to participate.

John,
Given your participation and status within NACHI how do you think you made that chapter president feel with your comments? Which by the way were posted on a public part of the forum.

THAT IS MY WHOLE POINT

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

I see that you edited your post John.

If your post had been like that from the start this would never have gotten to this point.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Quote:
Your training school and store, which I see you are still promoting on the board instead of allowing Dave Bush to procure the same items.

I am not going to drift this thread any longer from its original good news.

I will say however that your personal bias is obvious in your repeated attacks on the Foundation, and I hope the other 7 members on the Board of Directors take just as much offense since you are attacking them. I will also urge you to check your facts. Email Nick and ask him why he decided that NACHI "will NEVER be a store. NACHI will offer limited items to members only" (His quote). Where do you think some of those items come from? Vendors perhaps? Maybe alienating vendors by becoming a competitor would mean no more discounts and then where would those deals come from?

I must also admit that with you being on the Awards committee, I hope the bias even you admit against the Foundation, does not affect the members of the Foundation up for awards from NACHI.

Good way to end a thread Daniel.

I can resolve your concerns with the Awards Committee very easily.

Consider it done.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Guys,

Calm down...

I am Chapter Director of NYNACHI, and if John asked me to provide a link, I would. The NACHI Foundation is good PR for NYNACHI. Our website is advertised on our mousepads. I already have info on the foundation posted. There's no harm in asking. The Denver Chapter can simply say "no"

No one needed to ask us in NY. The NACHI Foundation is pretty unique in the HI industry. Just because a link is provided does not mean that anyone is forced to donate.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."