NACHI Foundation Recruiting two new members.

Originally Posted By: gjohnson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

The NACHI Foundation is recruiting two new members to join our fledging Board. All that is required is that you don’t currently sit on another committee and have a desire to want to help out and be active.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: tschwalbe

more info please

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Such as?

If you like to help others, have time to spend working on foundation projects we'd like your info. We are a charity with some big projects in the works and need a few more dedicated, unpaid professionals to help us achieve our goals.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store
www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

[quote=“dfrend”]Such as?

quote]

Honestly, I have no idea what the Nachi foundation is about or what they do, who they are funded by or basically anything. Just my .02

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: tschwalbe

I dont have much free time except when i am at the fire house? You have to give me a little more to work with. Thanks Todd

Originally Posted By: psabados

Hours are long, pay is worse than being an inspector. We’re all a bunch of grumps. Did I mention the pay thing. The rewards of getting the job done is PRICELESS!

All joking aside. We are in the develope stages of a few very key projects or programs that once initiated will benefit many, many people in need of help. Recognition for local groups will be high.

Right now, funding is primarily YOU guys. Donations and raffles are getting it done in a very slow way. We've already offered our first scholarship (small) but its still done. Safe house campaign is moving with a radio blitz that the NACHI named was recognized. A few other programs are on the drawing board, and I hope to be able to make a major announcement in the next few weeks. Can't say anything more about it currently.

Kevin, wake up a read the boards, ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif) would you like a Sure-Test of $2.50 thats one of the Funding Drives or a free Convention Room thats another program. A major funding drive will be commencing in the future, another reason why we will need a few key people who aren't afraid of communicating. We need one anyway, it gets old going down the interstate highway looking for squashed pop and beer cans I am getting to old and its hard to dodge some of those road raging freaks

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email pm or call

Paul

Ok…maybe I can make my question easier for you…

What is the Foundations mission statement?

--

Originally Posted By: psabados

Kevin

Here's the short version. Also each project or program has its unique statement

The Mission of the NACHI Foundation is to work towards the goal of raising resources, and to use those resources to assist, promote, and support other organizations and its own funds for the betterment of society and our communities.

Does this help you out

Paul

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

dfrend wrote:
Such as?
quote]

Honestly, I have no idea what the Nachi foundation is about or what they do, who they are funded by or basically anything. Just my .02

Kevin, excellent question.

The NACHI Foundation, Inc. institutes and oversees philanthropic programs that benefit:

1. Individuals.
2. Other non-profit organizations.
3. Elderly.
4. Disabled.
5. Youth.
6. Home Inspection Professionals and their families.

To name a few.

We help build a better tomorrow through commitment, love, compassion, and assistance. We are dedicated to the betterment of society and our communities.

The NACHI Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization established by the membership of the National Organization of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) in 2003. The NACHI Foundation currently coordinates and operates the following programs.

The NACHI Foundation Scholorship Program - Dedicated to the development of our youth by providing 4 year scholorship assistance to eligible students majoring in any program relevant to the housing industry.

The NACHI Foundation Safe House Campaign - Dedicated to the education, development, initiatives and distribution of safe practices, equipment, and material for homeowners and tradesman of residential housing.

The NACHI Foundation Cell Phone Campaign - Dedicated to the betterment of life for the elderly, homeless, and domestic abuse victims.

Our accomplishments to date are:

1. Habitat for Humanity donations (Smoke detectors)
2. The Clemons Fund ($1,000.00)
3. The NACHI Foundation Scholorship - (Awarded our first scholorship)
4. The Ian Smith family of Maui, Hawaii - (500.00) Ian was a NACHI member who died in a snowboarding accident.
5. "The Clinic" in Philadelphia, PA. ($1,000.00)
6. Sweetings Cay Island - (Smoke detectors).
7. Over 7000 Public Service Announcements on Smoke Detector Awareness.

Each day the Foundation is striving towards our main mission of the "Betterment of Society and Our Communities". The foundation is currently doing feasibility studies and planning into two extensive programs that will assist the disabled and elderly.

Several Fund Raising activities are under way. They vary from raffles, donations, corporate sponsorship, and hopefully in the near future Federal Grants.

How can you help? If your a President of a local chapter you may consider holding 50/25/25 raffles. 50% to the winner. 25% to the Chapter and 25% to the Foundation, or you may even want to sponsor a Scholorship for $500.00. You could collect Cell Phones and donate them to the Foundation.

The opportunities are in place for everyone to share there kindness, thoughtfulness, and love through the NACHI Foundation's programs.

Best Regards,

John

Originally Posted By: jpeck

jbowman wrote:
6. Home Inspection Industry Tradesman and their families.

Being as HIs are NOT Tradesmen, but Professionals (offering our Professional Opinions, while not making or creating anything - other than our opinion, the report), wouldn't it make sense to refer to HIs that way?

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

I will add another accomplishment.

Donated Smoke Alarms for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at a press conference.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Jerry P.,

![icon_redface.gif](upload://f7DX2EWhmUfsDapWaYT3oJHMCj1.gif) The power of editing has occurred.

Thanks, John

John, thank you for the explanation. Much appreciated

I had read blips here and there over the months but never could put it all together…honestly when I read about safe house I thought of a home for battered and abused women and families.

Kevin, we are working on developing a powerful website that will fully explain everything. The problem is, when the Foundation and most of the projects like the Safe House Campaign were developed, many members like yourself were new or not yet here. There were past announcements and when we have big happenings we post them. Sometimes they get lost in the mix. Hopefully our website will help with that.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=3234&highlight=press+conference

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=5304&highlight=sweetings+cay

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=5339&highlight=cell+phones

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=5663&highlight=scholarship+winner

All recent articles on our programs.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store

http://www.nachifoundation.org/detectors.mp3

Here is the radio add played over 7000 times last spring. This fall we will have another, even bigger with a HUGE sponsor. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store