Another FindAnInspector.US upgrade

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Igor, you are on top of the zip you service. The farthest you can drop is to the number 2 spot at the top of the page displayed when you search for an inspector in your town. There are only 2 members (you and Nick H.) that service your zip. You are currently at the top because Nick has a website which tends to attract more click-thrus.

I've spoken with both you and Nick H. on the phone last week and you both sound like your really busy. Too busy to be piling click-thrus on each other. See you Thursday in MA.

Instead of worrying about which NACHI member has the number 1 or number 2 slot of the same page (actually there is some psychological marketing advantage to being number 2 instead of number 1), email me your other 19 zips. That would increase your exposure 20 fold. You still only have 1 zipcode listed as your service area.

Nick

PS. I'm not flying to http://www.nachi.org/newenglandchapter.htm , I'm going to drive so I can pick up Chris in Massachusetts on the way. I haven't seen him since July. See you there Thursday.

Originally Posted By: jremas

OK I understand a little better about the membership. I want to bring different angle to our membership and make sure that we don’t have any problems, loopholes or set ourselves up in the future.

As far as the locator, once again, if I received 2 jobs from this since last November I am lucky. So right now the locator is a very, very small almost insignificant part of my business. Most of my internet leads come from different sources and the internet leads only make up approximately 15 percent of my business. In my area there are enough RE offices and agents to make a circle around the earth so most folks are referred from there. The internet mostly gets you FSBOs which are few and far between in my location and most of those don't get inspections anyway.

I guess I will continue to keep pluggin' along no matter who comes up first. Just thought I would point out what I thought was a problem.

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

Igor,

I hoped we could trust our members not to cheat the system. Obviously not. I'll add a preventative system.

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://cTEW9usD61v4yN8zGsS2IqRmUE0.html)

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

All,

I just tried www.findaninspector.us for the first time in a while and it worked perfectly for me. In each of the zip codes I serve, my name was on top of the list. The good news is I'm on top. After reading Chris's explanations, the bad news is that no one has done a click through on me in any of these zip codes.

Oh, well. Maybe someday NACHI will sponsor a senior citizen computer class so these folks can learn how to use the internet. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Blaine

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Jeff:

More and more buyers are going online to find their homes, mortgages, and recently home inspectors. The public awareness of the cozy relationship between some agents and some home inspectors is one reason for this shift. Also, home buyers are already doing a lot online... look at the mortgage business: Ditech, Lending Tree, etc.

Chris:

Thanks for setting up a fraud unit.

Blaine:

You're right. If you come up on the bottom of a zip code search you service, smile. It means you're getting traffic.

Nick