Any help appricated!

Originally Posted By: neil a craig
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am studying right now to take the online exam, and was wondering if anyone out there, that is “already” an inspector, would be so kind as to let me tag along for some experience? (maybe once or twice) I live in Pompano Beach, FLORIDA, and don’t mind traveling outside of my area for this help, I understand it might be a good ways icon_smile.gif

it would be much appreciated to soak in some valuable learning!.

Thank You

Neil Craig

954-783-5918

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Dear Neil,

I'm sorry that 30 some people have read this post and no one offered you any help or advice.

Here is mine, applicable also to other peoples future posts for help of this type.

You said" "I live in Pompano Beach, and don't mind traveling outside of my area"

That may be perfectly clear to you, but to this Redneck from Nebraska currently playing Hillbilly in Kentucky, I had no earthly idea where Pompano Beach is, was, or has been.

So I looked and found that you are in the Florida area around Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Coral Springs, Pembroke Pines, Pompano Beach, Sunrise, Plantation, Davie, Lauderhill, Miramar.

OK, now I know that Kentuck is probably a stretch for "don't mind travelling outside my area".

However, use the Inspector Locator on the NACHI Home Page or at www.findaninspector.us to find a NACHI guy an hour or two away from you, like Orlando or Tampa. Write them directly asking for help.

I wouldn't bother with the guys in your immediate area. None of us like to train our competitors AND introduce them to people in our market, but don't usually mind helping someone from an hour or two away. That way you get the inspection experience and help, but not the local marketing contacts & help.

Give it a shot. Not everyone participates on the message board or will see your post. I'll bet you'll have a couple of offers within just a short time.

Let us know how you do on getting some ride along help.

Good luck.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: gbell

Just to let you know Erby, I contacted Neil about ten minutes after his post. I invited him to go with me on Saturday. As far as Florida goes I will make sure that anyone who wants a ride along will have one. I just didn’t post it here.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Greg

that’s a great ethic that you have, more power to you icon_lol.gif

Regards

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Yes Greg was great in offering, actually I got several calls in the matter of an hour, we are going to meet up with Greg and just stay the weekend and see the sites afterwards. I did however look in that area to find an inspector, and funny thing is the first 3 people I contacted that were 50 miles or more miles away from us, weren’t even trained yet, actually just took the test and had not gone out yet. So this is what worked for me, and it is much appreciated!

I will follow up and let you know how it’s going in a few months.

Thanks again for all the help we got so far.

Neil

icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Well Greg, now you have. And it is a very generous offer.

Thank you.

I'm really glad to hear that, even though it wasn't on the board, Neil was getting immediate assistance.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Greg,

You are the best. It's people like you that make the world go round.
Maybe next year at this time, you'll be taking a classroom of people to your inspections. Funny Huh? icon_wink.gif

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Just wanted to finish this “part one” chapter of my ride along with Greg.

It was defiantly very appreciated and exactly what a new comer needs! so thank you Greg!

Learnt lots of stuff and hope to learn more, I am still interested in another ride along if anyone else wants to help, PS that part of Florida is nice! the family and I made a great weekend of it afterwards.

Neil icon_cool.gif