Ride alongs

Originally Posted By: bkoch
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Any one in the South Florida area willing to allow me to do a ride along with you? Thank you

1 Like

Originally Posted By: Gary Van Florcke

If youre willing to come to the broward area I could fit you in.Gary

Gary thanks for getting back to me and the oppertunity. Driving to FTL is not a problem . If you have any scheduled for the next few days that would be great. If you would like you can reach me at 954 655 4185. Thanks again and hope to speak with you soon , Brian

well? any one with NACHI? Ill drive to you that is not a problem, Thank you

Originally Posted By: ekartal

In a general response to this topic, it is important that new inspectors realize that getting ride alongs is not easy. Don’t get discouraged you will find inspectors that will help you. Persevere but be patient. If you are not getting responses from NACHI members it is probably because you are far away. Most of us enjoy working with others. icon_cool.gif

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: loconnor

Erol

What do you mean by too far away?

Do you mean that another inspector will not
take me as a ride along if I'm 90 miles away
as opposed to 50 miles away?

Don't mean to sound sarcastic. That's not my intention.

I just want to to get a clarification as to why I'm not
getting a positive response from inspectors that are
40 to 100 miles from my area.

I'm still trying.

Hi Larry,

I didn't even know you were looking for ride alongs... ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif)

That's the way it was for me and I live near Chicago. My post was intended to prevent new inspectors from thinking that NACHI has let them down if no one responds right away. There are newcomers that think that way. I have personally talked with them.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: Vince Santos

Ride alongs seem almost impossible to get. I think it may be a liability issue with having someone along who could get hurt. Of course the issue of training a possible competitor is another wall. I went on my first inspection today, non paid favor for a friend. I did it just to have the chance of inspecting a house other than my own. You might want to try asking friends if you can inspect their house for now.

Good luck with the ride alongs.

--
Desire is half of life, indifference is half of death.
--Kahlil Gibran

Originally Posted By: loconnor

Vince

Thank you for your response and your suggestion.

I've already performed two inspections for relatives.

It was a learning experience. I'm working on other relatives and friends.

Erol:

Thank you for your response. NACHI hasn't let me down. I feel confident they'll address the issue when they can.

Thanks again,

--
Larry
Western Michigan NACHI Chapter
http://www.w-michigan-nachi.org

"We confide in our strength
without boasting of it.
We respect that of others
without fearing it"
Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted By: jstevens

hey guys and gals im from the tampa fl. area and also would like to do a ride along in fl. so is there any one out there who would like to help out thanks jim

It can be tough but not ‘hopeless’ like I made it sound. Lots of good hearted HI’s out there. Just gotta find em’ icon_smile.gif

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: Mike Kimball

Good luck with the ride along stuff. In Nevada you have to do 25. And no inspector is willing to help out. The ones that are want to charge around $150 bucks each. I guess they are just nervous about having competition. It use to not be this way until the real estate board changed the law. Seems like the old timers were just trying to block people out and drive another revenue stream. Quality work on their part would have accomplished the same goal.

![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

Originally Posted By: psabados

Hey guys

First try looking here http://www.findaninspector.us Do the search on inspectors in your area. Use the 100 mile radius. I recommend a phone call, its very easy to blow off an email. If that doesn't work then I suggest trying to get a hold of the Chapter President in your area and see what he can do for you.

I find it difficult to believe that you guys in Michigan can't get a ride along. If all else fails, come on out to Kansas.

Paul

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

First, CHANGE your subject line to include WHERE you want a ride along. The fact that you want a ride along in SOUTH FLORIDA should be in your subject line, so South Florida guys know you are looking there.

Second, realize the small percentage of NACHI guys that read the message boards at all, let alone look at RIDE ALONG posts that don't tell WHERE.

Third, realize that the issue of training your competition is true but there is a bigger overriding issue. Giving the local ride along exposure to your marketing contacts and methods. I wouldn't bother with the guys in your immediate area. Very few of us like to train our competitors AND introduce them to people in our market, but don't usually mind helping someone from an hour or two away. That way you get the inspection experience and help, but not the local marketing contacts & help.

Fourth, be proactive. Given the small percentage of participation in the message boards, not that many people will be aware that you are seeking ride alongs. Go to the Inspector Locator. Find the inspectors that are close enough, (one or two hours away) that are listed there, but I wouldn't bother much with the guys within an hour of you. (They'll see you as "training the competition". Call those you select and let them know your needs. Choose a time to call when it is unlikely they'll be on an inspection. By the way, there is nothing that says you have to stick to just the NACHI guys. Use the NAHI Find an inspector, or the HIF, or IHINA, or (gasp) ASHI, or several other locators.

Fifth, show up. I've had three guys ask for ride alongs and agreed to do them. We discussed what kind of times they were looking for, as an example, one had to be on a weekend, one had to be a Thursday or Friday afternoon. However, when I called to tell them when & where they were always unavailable or had some more pressing matter to attend to. None of them showed up.

Sixth, Good Luck. Persistence is an important trait in getting an HI Business off the ground and running.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: wcook

I to am having trouble geting a ride-a-long in DE have posted on this board before no help looking for ride-a-long in NJ-PA-DE-MD&VA Please help looking for ride-a-long on Sat or Sunday Call Walt Cook at 302-233-2514 Will Pay!

Originally Posted By: jwortham

So I can hit you up for ride-alongs Erol? icon_biggrin.gif