It’s your favorite orange, extendable finger pointer! Can anyone tell me what is going on here? I realize figuring this out is beyond the scope. But, I would like to know. Is this damage from a small fire? is it microbial growth? Is it both or neither? There are plenty of what appear to by DIY repairs made to the roof and interior of the home around this bathroom. It’s not great. This is a manufactured home so I can’t get into the attic space to see what kind of a disaster is up there. I can’t get below because the owner came over to turn the water back on which created a leak at the main valve and started shooting water across the laundry room from a stuck open valve at the washer hookup. Anyway, the crawlspace may or may not be a little flooded at the time. Just thought I would pick your brains a bit. Thanks in advance.
Is that a shower stall?
Yes. Could have added that I guess.
Farther back pic would be cool.
It looks like a seal/caulk failure on a fiberglass or acrylic shower.
If so, clean up & then reseal from the inside.
Maybe someone wanted to shower by candle light and it got a bit too close
I don’t think I have ever seen that type of shower like that that didn’t leak and have that kind of damage.
To my eyes, it doesn’t look like regular moisture damage. It looks like fire or heat damage. How it happened is anyone’s guess.
I see it that way too.
My guess is a space heater.
My vote is something hot has caused that burned area.
Have we ruled out the “Taco Bell” effect?
yes, an odor candle
My WAG is there was a leak at that corner and someone used a strong chemical in an attempt to clean/kill the organic growth consistant with mold, and not only did it kill the mold, but it also ate the shower stahl material.
Report what you see.
Observation: Partly Updated bathroom. Look at the complete base of the shower stall enclosure.
Damaged lower right hand side shower stall base. Exposed substrate, chipped paint. Dark staining.
Recommend a licensed bathtub/shower stall renewal contractor, repair or replace the shower stall.
Just my 2 cents.
Try giving it the lick test.
I agree. People like that CRL stuff…it will eat a hole in your foot if you allow it.
Correction… (especially if the ‘Industrial’ flavor)… was used…