Anything wrong with these stairs?

Tip: yes

RIMG3008.JPG

no bull nose

That was quick!

You win a chicken fried steak sandwich at the Sharon Grill in Hickory Grove, SC. Let me know when you want to redeem your prize.

Thanks Joe you are great . Love your posts … Roy

They got plastic all over them…

Dang! I missed that!

Why would you need stair nosing on a landing? Just curious.

Was the tread depth less than 11 inches?

They wear well, they are not sharp, they are easy replaced, they are not slippery .

Does that make it “wrong” that it is not there?

Does in my books.
No bullnose to sharp can hurt the person .
Easy replaced if damaged or worn
I would write it up every time CYA for sure.

Where exactly do you stop with the CYA stuff?:shock:

You should at least try to know if it is a code violation (not saying you mention a violation of code - but these were often put in place for safety so makes it easier to pick them out). Many areas do have stair tread nosing in their codes.

Nosings are not required if the tread is at least 11"

Nothing is wrong in the photo

I don’t see that on the menu.

Never it is very important with me all the way.
I am very guarded to try and never box myself .
Example Plumbing stack on an 70 year old house is to short 4 inches and 1 1/2 size .
I write it up tell the clients I call this a CRA Cover Roy’s A ss.
It is to small and too short and has been this way for 70 years .
Tell them why it should be longer ( To get above the Snow )
Tell them why it should be 4 inches ( to stop Hoare frost ) .
It is there choice on fix it or leave it .

Could just be the camera angle, but the rise on the step up to the landing seems to be a good bit higher than the other steps.

What is a bullnose ?

These curved edge finishes offer a number of potential advantages over straight or square options. The rounded surface means that bullnoses are less likely to chip or crack due to impact. This means that the edges will stay clean and smooth for much longer than a traditional square edge. Bullnose finishes also help to protect children and other family members from injury caused by striking the edge of a surface.

In terms of aesthetic benefits, bullnosed edges provide increased design options for homeowners. The rounded finish is also easier to clean than a square edge, and there is less space for dirt to become trapped in around seams or joints. Rounded finishes also help to soften the appearance of sharp lines, creating a smoother and more pleasing design.

In some applications, bullnosed finishes may not be the most effective option available. These rounded edges are more expensive to create, and are very difficult to produce in the field using basic tools. It can also be more difficult to find the correct bullnosed sections to match the surrounding surface, particularly if the structure itself is round or curved.

That’s nice Roy, but we are talking about stair nosing…not trim work. Would you suggest that all outside corners be rounded over, like door edges and corner bead?

Sorry I do not see where this says any thing about trim .
The heading says .

Anything wrong with these stairs?