I am sure that the better half was impressed with the dust cloud in her kitchen too. ha. ha.
Mine would have hit me. ha. ha.
I did something better.
Two weeks ago my dryer kept popping the circuit breaker and I said, well there is probably something wrong with it. It is 20 years old.
So two nights after that I dismantle the back side and completely vacumn the whole inside, exhaust pipe, lint screen, element shroud, motor, and everything in site.
The next time she used it she said it worked fine but only lasted a couple of cycles.
So, I said we better buy a new one before we burn the house down.
New dryer first use today. She calls me up at work and said the breaker tripped while using it.
I started laughing and said, well I guess the old dryer could have lasted a couple more years. ha. ha. Now you have a new one. I will be bringing a new 30 amp breaker when I get home.
She said, I don’t know what that is, but as long as it works is fine by me.
Get home, have her start the dryer with my amp load meter on the conducters and found it to only draw 22 amps, but after 1 minute, the breaker was over 100 degrees hot and the paper sticker on the breaker was brown.
Never thought of checking the breaker or loose wire in the panel.
And I am a Home Inspector! Whaoaoaoaoao, ha. ha. Well we can’t be all perfect right? ha. ha.
We can never be to cautious in inspecting the right parts. Cost me $400 to learn this one.
Education is not free.
All right guys, you can start to rub it in now that you heard the story. ha. ha.