Armstrong Furnace Age... 40s era?

Any idea how old this furnace is?

I have a house that was built in 1908, my furnace has stopped working and I’m trying to get some information on it to see who can fix it, it is old but in great shape.

Armstrong Furnace
Furnace No. : 101B-G5-105
Input BTU/hr : 150,000
Capacity BTU/hr : 84,000
Natural Gas
Forced Air

The Combination furnace controller is a Honeywell Type L498B, .25 amps @ .25-12v DC

I found this document in another forum: http://inspectapedia.com/heat/Furnace_Age.pdf

Armstrong[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=3]: [/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]See Lennox – stumped? call 800-448-5872 ask for consumer division. Model number G6 was manufactured between the late 1950s and early 1960s. Now distributed by Allied Air owned by Lennox [/size][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2][size=3]So I can only assume my furnace is 1940s-1950s maybe. I called the number but they aren’t open right now so I figured I’d try to see if somebody had an answer before the heating/cooling place calls me back.[/size][/size][/FONT]

I think the issue is with the Combination Furnace Controller as that was the thing I tapped on the side of the box yesterday while the fan would not stop running with no heat being distributed. The pilot light is on still.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2][size=3]Here are some pics of the parts:[/size][/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]

[/size][/FONT]

[/size][/FONT]

[/size][/FONT]

[/size][/FONT]

I don’t think your furnace is as old as you think it is. You can probably identify it at this site, but you will need a serial number. I think the ‘furnace number’ is the model number. The fan and high limit control may be preventing the furnace from lighting. Call an HVAC service person, they will help you, parts may be able to be substituted, they all work pretty much the same way.

That is just a standard gas fire furnace nothing special about the parts they are all universal type any HVAC person could repair that old type with their eyes closed. If the heat exchanger has a hole you would not be able to find a replacement due to age but all the controls and motor are universal.

Model G6 was manufactured from the late 1950s to the early 1960s, so Model G5 probably was before that.

“Old but in great shape” yet not working? Then I would change “great shape” then “good shape.”