Bathroom Fan

This was odd, no outlet. The fan is mounted on the sheet metal baffle. Air is pulled in one side and pushed out the other. Circa 1983

Do you always pull the cover off, was it missing or where you following clues?:wink:
</IMG>

I’ve bumped into a number of those over the years. Normally wall mounts, less frequently in the ceiling. They are recirculating by design and normally have a washable foam filter insert. I can’t imagine they’re very efficient.

How’s biz?

No David but I could not figure out what was going on.

Will if you look at the bottom of the picture there is a solid disk that must have been some sort of deodorizer.

Business has been kinda slow, but last week I did 8 and 4 draw inspections. 3 booked this week and 2 draws. I can not complain:)

Perfuming the odor?? Efficient, not quite.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

20 + years in the home construction and renovation business and I have never seen or heard of such a thing until now. Maybe they were not used in Canada. They have small ones now that just plug into the wall. How does that commercial go?..plug it in, plug it in. LOL

It reminds me of a Home Builder I installed HVAC systems for back in the mid 1970’s.
He would buy wall mounted transfer fans from W.W.Grainger and install them in Bath and Laundry rooms, going to hallways and/or bedrooms. He thought he was ahead of his time. I just thought he was cheap. I remember he tried to get us to leave registers out of those areas, to save money.