Berks Co. and Pittsburgh Chapter Meetings

Originally Posted By: mlong
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I want to give my thanks and kudos to Jim Dietrich of Reading , PA for organizing a very fine first meeting of the newly resurrected Berks County Chapter. The meeting, which took place last night, had a very good and informative program and was well organized. (Food was good, too!) icon_smile.gif Also learned alot from the other people sitting at my table as we spoke and shared experiences over dinner. Sounds like Jim has a lot of good plans for the future. Keep up the good work, Jim!

Also want to thank Larry Ott, Pres of the Pittsburgh Chapter for putting together the one day Mold Certification Course this past Thursday. The course, presented by Bernie Katz or Catz from Environmental Solutions Asociation, was a very good intro course for mold testing, especially for someone like me that was mold ignorant. (I do know to scrape the mold off my bread before putting on the peanut butter ). And you couldn't beat the $25 price! (Bernie also popped into the Berks Co. Chapter meeting last night to give just a short intro and it sounds like he may give the same course in the Berks Co area sometime in the future.)

Even though it's a four and half hour trip from my house to Pittsburgh and a 2 1/2 hour trip in the opposite direction to Reading, the education I got from these meetings made it very worthwhile. (though I don't want to do this every week. I'm still coming down off my Starbucks double expresso buzz) (And I know others travelled similar distances, as well. One NACHI couple actually travelled from Philadelphia all the way across the state to Pittsburgh for the mold training, then back to Berks Co. and spent the night in Reading to attend the meeting there. Now that's dedication!)

The education and the sharing of experiences is what makes NACHI Great!
Keep up the good work Larry and Jim! and everyone else!

--
Mark Long
Peace of Mind Home Inspections
http://www.pomhi.net

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Wow!

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jferry

Mark -

Check out the Penn Jersey Meeting in Bethlehem on November17. I'll be speaking at that one.

Joe

Originally Posted By: mlong

jferry wrote:
Mark -

Check out the Penn Jersey Meeting in Bethlehem on November17. I'll be speaking at that one.

Joe

I see that you're speaking on limiting inspectors' liability, Joe. That's certainly a beneficial topic. I see too, that Blaine Wiley and John Bowman will be there as well. Looks like it should be a good meeting. I might see you there.

--
Mark Long
Peace of Mind Home Inspections
http://www.pomhi.net

Originally Posted By: jferry

I’ll look forward to meeting you.

Originally Posted By: Aimee Jalowsky

See Jim’s meeting pictures here!!!

http://eshare.hpphoto.com/en/home/welcome.asp?JobID=987ca098-8c7c-4e37-9831-b5dbe2231526