Best Ladder Ever

If you guys find a favorite ladder on the Grainger website, I can check on a special deal for InterNACHI members (if we don’t have one already on that specific product).

Most anything can be had from other vendors for 50% of what Grainger charges! Grainger is for large facilities, not the small business owner.

InterNACHI has an exclusive partnership with Grainger. www.nachi.org/grainger

If there is a product you’re interested in that is not listed as a discounted product, I can look into negotiating a deal.

Grainger is willing to beef up our discounts on specific products; you guys need to let me know what is important to you. Let’s target them. Provide me with the product number and we’ll go from there.

Holly cow, they’re expensive.

I just looked up two random ladders on Grainger.

Little Giant 10126LG.

Grainger price is $606.50 + shipping with 20% off for InterNachi
Amazon price is $299 plus free shipping

Basic Werner 6 ft A frame fiberglass ladder, Model # 5906
Grainger price is $162
Amazon price $57.45
Home Depot price $74

If Grainger is who Internachi partnered up with, Internachi got ripped off.

Even with a “deep discount” all members would better off shopping elsewhere.

:-;; :-;; :-;;

Thank you for your input. If we don’t know; we can’t fix it. This is excellent feedback and was conveyed to InterNACHI’s Account Executive. It’s always good to compare apples to apples. See updated pricing below from Grainger. (These exclusive pricing (request for quotes) will not show up on the site until they are negotiated). So email me if there are specific products your wanting me to negotiate, they have over 400K products. Or, go to www.nachi.org/grainger to request specific quote.

Little Giant 10126LG.

Grainger price is $606.50 + shipping with 20% off for InterNachi
Amazon price is $299 plus free shipping

UPDATE: NEGOTIATED PRICE $301.76 +shipping (but you could pick up from local store)

Basic Werner 6 ft A frame fiberglass ladder, Model # 5906
Grainger price is $162
Amazon price $57.45
Home Depot price $74

UPDATE: NEGOTIATED PRICE $87.40

Just goes to show how much Grainger “took it in the shorts” when they bought out Professional Equipment (hoping to screw PE’s dedicated clientele) and most everyone bailed on them with their unrealistic pricing! Home Inspectors aren’t stoopid, and we’ll spend the extra cash if it is justified, but like I already said, Grainger caters to the large Facilities Managers, NOT to small or even medium business owners! The fact they are offering **steep **price concessions when “negotiated” just reinforces my resolve to never do business with them. I will keep my $$$ with local businesses that actually appreciate my patronage!

I bought one a couple years ago and do not care for it. I have pinched my thumb more than once. Its nice during crawppy weather when the ones in the back of the truck or on the rack are wet or icy. I prefer my type 1 fiberglass extension and 6’ fold up for all my climbs. Fast, light, and predictable. To each his own

It would be damn near impossible to beat Amazon, and with a $99 yearly membership 99% of the items include free shipping.

So, I can email you and go through the time of having you negotiate a price for me, just so I can still pay more than I can get it from the local hardware store or just one click it from Amazon.

How does that make sense? :shock:

And seriously, you just NOW figured out this arrangement doesn’t benefit the members? Didn’t anyone look into this BEFORE Internachi entered into this agreement? :roll:

I bought one of these. The very first time using it the bottom 2 rungs broke! I bought the 300lb rating ladder.

The last 2 on my xtend and climb stick open all the time . Then I have to fight it to get them down.

Dangerous ladders. Had one and it failed…once. It is scrap metal now. Will only use A frame ladders now. Werner. Best prices. Little Giants are great as well. Too pricey. Ladder injuries are some of the worst, probably the worst or most common in our business and the trades. Risk management at all times.

I did it once 8 yrs. ago. That’s all it took to learn for me.

Maybe you should tape a reminder to it!? :wink:

If your ladders do not operate properly, I would not climb on them.

Ship back for repair, and remind them NACHI members are “watching”. Will likely get a new ladder out of it…

I have the Extend and find it very good for it’s intended purpose and I use it quite a bit. I do find it a bit flexy when fully extended. I carried one of those articulating units for a short time and after nearly amputating my fingers on it I have relegated it to the garage for now and will probably sell it. I am putting a ladder rack on the truck for the longer ladder and will carry a normal 6ft step as well.

I’m partial to the Telesteps Type 1A at 25 lbs myself http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088QU2I8/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=47025637248&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15097066355322191590&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_3sl3q1n1y9_e And yes, they work great for opening and repositioning attic scuttle hole covers

While on the volunteer fire department years ago we has these little aluminum folding ladders about wide enough for a foot when opened. Ive looked for them and havent found them anywhere. They fold sideways and would be great for attic access.

thCAOGAG7H.jpg

https://www.heimanfireequipment.com/product_info.php?cPath=12&products_id=196&osCsid=23c15263bb3104ce2d2c7da4683e530b