Big REALTORs offer to help NACHI's REAL Property Times.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

newspaper for the entire North American real estate industry. It will be full of articles of interest to real estate agents. The NACHI kicker is that it will be salted with articles that steer agents and their clients to the NACHI members that service their areas. The paper is titled REAL Property Times (RPT) and we already filed a Trademark.

Anyway, as some of you also know, I was a REALTOR with RE/MAX for many years and have many friends in the real estate industry. Recently I started contacting them and asking them if they would be interested in assisting NACHI with this project. Much to my delight, all of them (not most...all) were thrilled to be invited to participate. These REALTORs know more about what is of interest to them than we could ever surmise. I've asked them if they (more than 20 of them now) would sit on an online RPT advisory/editing panel which we will host here in the members-only section of this message board. Not one of them turned me down... they're all in and up for it. These are my friends mostly so they understand that the underlying objective is to promote NACHI Inspectors.

I've already been deluged with requests for ad space from vendors to the real estate industry, and we haven't even published our first issue! So maybe we'll eventually figure out how we can enlist their help as well. Most major real estate franchises have already agreed to sponsor RPT as well.

Back to REALTORs. They are already at work thinking about this project and many have come up with suggestions (most about the real estate content of course). However, of their suggestions, the ones that have to do with home inspections and NACHI are as follows:

-- Include a high quality, full color, mini magazine (sort of) within the newspaper that does NOT include anything about real estate sales but rather one that the agents could remove and separately give to their clients; Stuff like http://www.planetnachi.org and articles about home inspections.

-- Include a blank box the size of a standard Avery label so that NACHI members can put a self-printed sticker with their contact information in it. Compliments of .... This idea was simultaneously offered by a NACHI member a couple of weeks ago as well.

-- Include a laminated sheet that lists all the NACHI members that service their particular local area. This is already easy and technically feasible for us using data and member's contact information from www.InspectorSEEK.com This way the REALTOR could always have the recent list of NACHI members and current contact information.

-- Continually hammer away at the advantages to REALTORs of having NACHI members perform pre-listing inspections.

And of course they all love http://www.nachi.org/what_really_matters.htm

Anyway... I'd like any comments (good or bad) and any suggestions (no matter how off the wall) from NACHI members about this project please. April's issue of Inspector's Quarterly is done and being shipped so we have a couple months to work on RPT now.

Thank you in advance for any thinking you can offer about this project. We probably should do another logo contest.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: bbernier

Nick:

I lease an office from Ridge Meadows realty (ReMax) in Maple Ridge British Columbia. Rainer Weininger, owner and broker of Ridge Meadows, has been more than kind offering me this invaluable opportunity. I have been at ReMax for more than six months and my business has increased 150%. Please contact Rainer and ask him if he would be interested in providing some ideas for the Real Property Times geared towards Canadian realtors. He is impressed with the professional attitude that NACHI has taken within the home inspection industry. Because of Rainer and ReMax, I am able to build a profitable business that is known for it's strict standard of practice (NACHI's) and it's superior, in depth reporting software (InspectVue). Thanks Nick! Rainer Weininger's email address is (rainerw@telus.net)

Regards,
C. Brett Bernier
President Western B.C. NACHI Chapter

Originally Posted By: jkoong

HI Brett,

How are you? Wah ! wow 150 percent increased for your business.

I should have Nick send some news papers to Vancouver Real Estate Board and Real Estate Council of BC . that will drive up our NACHI image. The Real Estate Of BC has our link with NACHI when you go search inside their web site our NACHI shows up.

It is new thing come up for Realtor that they have to keep one of our inspection receipt for transaction record.

They are advised by the council Realtor must give out three or more inspector’s names for their Client to select.

http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=nachi&sp-a=sp1002e5a8&sp-p=all&sp-f=ISO-8859-1

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

Nick, sounds like a fantastic project with wonderful cooperation!

Only practical thought I have at this time is, What is the status on Operation Deadwood?
While creating www.NachiIdaho, I'm still finding plenty of returned emails and ignored requests. We certainly don't want to blow our credibility ![icon_mad.gif](upload://j9pysYkUDeHxjgaVCpqL5B8x4z3.gif) with REALTORS - or clients - by providing dead leads.

Again, thanks for all you do!

--
Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors

Originally Posted By: dnice

Will we have some element of control over distribution? It would be great to put my label on them and distribute on my regular visits to RE offices. It might not be so great to find them with a bunch of unlabeled copies.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Do we have a publication date, yet?

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I’ve done something with RPT that we should have done with IQ. I sent out a survey to 650 REALTORs asking them what they wish they had in an industry newspaper, what they are most interested in reading or learning about, and what they think the future wild hold in the way of new developments in the industry. Of course I couldn’t help myself and so included a couple plugs for www.InspectorSEEK.com while I was at it, but that’s beside the point. The point is that I want RPT to be the greatest thing since the lock box/key for them.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

That’s great. Do you have a target date for publication?

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: mtimpani

very nice

Thank you, MarkTimpani

www.pridepropertyinspections.com