Box on supply line under kitchen sink?

Anyone see this set up before on a water supply pipe? What is it’s purpose? 1955 built home

It looks like a zone valve (basically an electrically controlled shut off), what was connected to it?

Connected to the cold side water supply and electrically connected to another junction box under the sink that is viewed in the first picture

Not sure what purpose the original installer intended it to perform unless it was somehow tied to a hot water recirculator that was later removed. Let us know what you find out. Maybe someone else can chime in.

1 Like