Broan Micromate

Anyone know anything about these? Are they vented/recirculating, etc. I found a whole lot of nothing on the internet. I also couldn’t tell where/how it draws air using a tissue (without smoke or similar). TIA.

Never saw one

Like I said, a whole lot of nothing on the internet :wink:

Was the kitchen mechanically vented to the exterior or does your state require it? Other than that I would report the appliance above the stove top and oven recirculates air only. If required mechanical ventilation refer to a licensed venting contractor or electrician.

Did you run the controls which look like on the side panel? and when it is running did you also check the cabinet above the microwave and feel around the sides and front and top to see or feel where it was venting?

According to the parts diagram, it has a couple of squirrel cage fans and typical ventilation parts inside of it.

I installed one of these when I built my house in 1988/89. Came from Sears back then. The microwave resides in the box on the bottom shelf and is not part of the vent hood. Makes the microwave easy to exchange. The blower is in the top panel. Slide controls were easy to use. Venting is on the sides at the bottom. Mine was vented through the roof, but I believe it could be installed for recirculating. The biggest problem was the clearance to the stove. Have since replaced it when re-doing to the kitchen. Still have the blower though and use it in the shop for a fan.

1 Like

Here is a parts diagram, it sucks it in from the bottom filters it on the sides and the exhaust is at the top.

:+1: looks good

1 Like