Bugs

I came across several of these bugs flying around in a house I inspected this morning. I don’t believe I have ever seen these before. Anyone know what they are or if they will cause any damage to the home?

Thanks in advance!

I’m guessing a cicada or a roach…but I’m no entomologist. :wink:

Boxelder Bugs

http://i.pbase.com/o6/48/95248/1/86733241.VPppnSjL.BoxElderBugAD.jpg

Sure looks like a boxelder

Its called a stinkbug here.

Wiki

That is it! Had the red on wings and everything.

Love this site! Client will be glad I got an answer so quickly.

Thanks again

Not a stink bug as pictured in your link.

I use to have a dog trained to eat these boxelder bugs that got into the house. :shock:

A true bug (most insects are commonly and mistakenly called “bugs”). Insect order of Hemiptera (meaning half winged) referring to the half harder covering at the base and the other half membranous wing. More pests of crops and gardens or predatory on other insects and animals. Not a wood destroying insect as far as homes are concerned.

Great link

Boxelder bugs are primarily a nuisance because they enter homes and other buildings, often in large numbers. Fortunately, they do not bite people and are essentially harmless to property. When abundant, they can stain walls, curtains, and other surfaces with their excrement. Occasionally some may seek moisture and may be found around houseplants, although they rarely attack them. In the few cases when they do feed, boxelder bugs are very unlikely to injure indoor plants.