Builder messed up, and blames me!

Again, it was not a “home inspection” under the state law or NACHI SOP or COE, because it was a consultation.

Got it?

A verbal contract.

My lawyer has told me that if it is a consultation (per Illinois state law) than I am not required to have a writtyen contract. They arer paying me for my opinion.

And, less paperwork. :mrgreen:

So we can Inspect outside SOP more than two building systems as long as we call it a consultation.?

Why bother to even have a Home Inspection License?

Grossly incorrect.

NACHI’s COE is not superseded by anyone’s state law. Sorry, Will.

In my opinion, your story is just you blowing off steam over not being paid.

If you, indeed, follow through and provide the information that you initially gathered for your client to someone else without your client’s consent, and he follows a complaint with NACHI, you could be in trouble.

Looks like someone let captian nachi loose again.

I thought you took his cape Greg???

agreed…

Well if you can give your opinion, then I can give mine.

If Will were in “trouble” with InterNACHI as you state, then InterNACHI isn’t an organization worth being a member of.

For a newly converted liberal, you sure do hold a “holier than thou” attitude.

No $$$$$ - No Contract - Void - If Void, I will sell my services to ANYONE with the $$$$$.

I’m down with Will

IMO(rarely humble) there may be a grey area, but no ticky no washy.

No contract, no payment, no report, no problem.

Let me get this straight - You did a mold test without a written signed contract? The person you did this for was your friend as stated in your blog??

Will you should never mix business with personal agendas.

Me, too.

But what I would NOT do is to write a report for the inspection I did for Client A and provide it to anyone else without Client A’s permission.

If the President of the Condo Assoc wanted me to do an inspection for him and paid me for a report, he would get his inspection and report, as well. He would not get a report of an inspection I did for Client A.

Are you really that far behind?:shock:

Although this is very funny but James never said Will was in trouble with INACHI but if a ethics complaint was filed he could be.

James just does not understand there was no contract or payment so Will just has to say I don’t know what you are talking about. But of course this thread could be Wills worst nightmare if anything was ever to come of this.

Bob, one last time.

In Illinois, a home inspection is defined as:

1. Inspection of a residential property;

2. for a fee (i.e., you get paid)

3. As part of a Real Estate transaction (a valid contract of sale in effect at the time of the inspection).

Clear?

Anything else is NOT a legally defined home inspection, at least in Illinois.

This is only your opinion, and not proven by any valid authority.

Sorry, Jim, but thems the facts.

Jim has a hard time separating his opinion from facts. He seems to think that he has the final say on ethics in this world.

“unethical” as defined by Jim Bushart: “Those things that other inspectors may do that I don’t.”

Ok
Thanks Will

So basically you have the right to give the report to anyone.

Also even if not ,you could redo the Inspection based on what you know as a good insentive for the Association to hire you.

Gottya.

As previously stated (PLEASE, READ what I have previously posted), I have not and will not “disclose” the information from my inspection to any new clients. I have, however, contacted the Association Pres. and will do an ENTRELY DIFFERENT inspection for them, INDEPENDENTLY of an previous inspection with FULL DISCLOSURE of this inspection (i.e., I will disclose that the builder didn’t pay me, totally disreguarded my opinion and didn’t pay me for my work).

Look up the definition of contract.