But, wait!!! There's more...!!!

Man, you gotta read these amendments to the Cap and Trade bill.

All new construction will require adequate outlets in the garage specifically for an ELECTRIC CAR.

And I’m sure we are all aware that we will soon be required to drive ELECTRIC AUTOMOBILES exclusively. Right? (Made in CHINA)

I heard congressman Boehner read them before the vote It was laughable because they were so ridiculous…

Doubtful. Once over lightly, maybe…flipped the pages, maybe.

Boehner is from Ohio and I’m quite aware of his Congressional aptitude, or lack thereof.

He gets a lot of media attention here…

I’m not sure what to say Jae.

I watched it. Did he read aloud all 300 pages? No.

Did he speak for a long time, Yes

…Boehner spoke a bit longer, but stopped 80-some pages short of the end. By then, an hour had passed.](http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iEcZvJzOH7aTh8uSuggtlrJVUodwD992MIPO0)

and

House Filibuster

You watched all of his reading??
I watched a lot, left, and came back for more of the same. How much of it do think he might recall–or understand?

We have a “crack(ed) team of experts in our homeland security sector” right here and now, discussing, as we read this post, this addendum–the 341 pages only–and a thorough reading with comprehension is not going to happen in an hour–or three, or five. This thing is convoluted, confusing, and downright outrageous.

Laughable? Noooo…“cry-able”? Yes, most assuredly…

I remember him calling out some terms several times and asking rhetorically if anyone knew what they meant.

The bill is bad joke mixed with a high level of stupidity.

Waxman, Markey, and Pelosi and company should be ashamed but Ii think that is something they have forgotten.

I called my congressman yesterday and Ron Kind had not even made up his mind a very short time before the vote. I have not checked a vote tally yet but I will be shocked if he didn’t note for it. There wasn’t a single mention of it on his website yesterday and when I called and asked a staffer why, they didn’t know.

Republican or Democrat the only real change we ill ever get is to toss them all out as soo as possile.

I favor a National recall. Can we do that?

If you want to know how your congressman voted on the Waxman-Markey Cap and Trade bill go here:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?r111:12:./temp/~r111YqXNB5:e2369187:

**Boehner: Climate bill a ‘pile of s–t’ **](http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/boehner-climate-bill-a-pile-of-s--t-2009-06-27.html)
By Molly K. Hooper Posted: 06/27/09 09:22 PM [ET]

Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) had a few choice words about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) landmark climate-change bill after its passage Friday.

When asked why he read portions of the cap-and-trade bill on the floor Friday night, Boehner told The Hill, “Hey, people deserve to know what’s in this pile of s–t.”

One Democrat was upset that his leaders would needlessly force vulnerable Dems to vote for a bill that will come back to haunt them. Mississippi Rep. Gene Taylor (D) voted against the measure that he says will die in the Senate.

**"A lot of people walked the plank on a bill that will never become law," Taylor told The Hill after the gavel came down.**

After hours of trying to comprehend these amendments, it became apparent that much of the 300+ pages consists of “strike (blah, blah, blah) paragraph from the original bill, and replace it with (yadda, yadda, yadda)”. There is no possible way any of those Congressturds (including Boehner) could have read the amendments, compared back and forth with the original bill, and understood any of what they had read in that short period of time.

Boener was correct about the pile of s–t, but even he didn’t read the whole thing (at that time), nor did he make the transitional changes or references to the original bill. He read just what could be followed without much thought at the time. Not many of those [on camera] were paying attention during all of this.

And did you notice the “full house”? The only people who seemed to be present were the speakers (but not the Speaker–there was pro temp. Nancy-pants was in the rear of the hall discussing whatever with other party leaders, we were told.)

They only fill the chairs when they can get some face time on the MSMs especially for juicy hearings.

They are much too busy :sarcasm: screwing everyone to actually do their job.

I thought that job was reserved for Republicans? :mrgreen:

Tainted SC governor tries to get back to business :wink:

Care to wager on who will get reelected? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s long time 'till 2012.

Let’s see if the Republic survives first.

Man, you are so out of touch. That bit has been run through the mill, shredded, and compost by now.

You are so yesterday.

Not to worry Jae, it won’t be long before some other prominent Republican with presidential aspirations will be outed with his pants around his knees seeking forgiveness for his marital indiscretions. :mrgreen:

You, in your normal totally ignorant way, seem to think that what happens within the GOP has some sort of affect on me.

I’ve said before in response to some of your posts that I am not a Re-pubic-an; nor am I a Dum-old-crap, either. I’m not sure what to call myself (but I bet you will), but I do not associate myself with either party.

I could not care less if some pol gets caught with his pants down, ever!

I was never a real fan of Bush, found more to like with Clinton, Carter really sucked!, and Nixon–well, nevermind, but I have found little use for the Obama regime…

I have sort of liked one recent President–Reagan (R), but one would have to go all the way back to Truman (D) to get my approval (I’ve said that before).

And what one does with his spare time does not mean one iota to me–it’s what he does with his governance that matters.

Arnold Schwarzchomjdomajigger has been absolutely faithful to Maria, but what shape is his state in?

Here in Ohio, we had the most faithful, wonderful person for a governor–Robert Taft. But he turned out to be the worst governor in history ever, in any state.

And what about the sweet lady in Michigan…?

Sanford has done well with his state during this crisis…but, too much ado about…

But when I voted for a president last November, I VOTED FOR A CANDIDATE I AGREED WITH…

Not against someone who was not even running, as I have heard someone profess he did.

And here I thought this thread would be about Billy Mays!

But after the vote, when it was too late, he got to the gritty.

And he really tore the bill to shreds, and made a lot of fun with so much of it.

Let’s just hope the Senate paid some mind to that speech.