CAHPI Discussion Board

Casaspec

BM

Gee I guess you do need glasses because you are the one quoted in the article. Your name is Bill Mullen right?

BM

You have been asked repeatedly about statements you make but as of this point in time you haven’t been able to substantiate anything!

BM

Who cares? Well you obviously don’t! You have stated 5000 inspectors will be certified by 2007! That in itself will be impossible because there aren’t 5000 inspectors, nor would it be posssible to certify 5000 by 2007! So as to higher or lower number you seem to have a problem with embellishment.

BM

Now that comment is typical of your long held views about anyone you feel does not meet your standard or your voluntary certification process. If you are suggesting that anyone other then CAHPI or OAHI are competent that is laughable.

Further there are confirmed reports that comments are being made that require explanation. These are:

The CAPHI programme was the only national programme extant that would provide reliable inspectors
*** That only inspectors who are members of CAPHI and certified by that body should be used**
*** That all inspectors who were operating outside of the CAPHI membership / programme were incompetent and a dangerous unknown quantity **
*** That CREA was on side with this programme and would shortly be making an announcement to that effect instructing agents an brokers to use only CAPHI member / certified inspectors**

Seeing as you can never fully support your statements, and are now denying statements attributed to you in the London Free Press which is in line with your further statements in the Canadian Home Inspector Magazine on page 8 (winter 2006), again stating 5000 inspectors will be certified. You alluded to the same facts on another inspectors forum, Inspectors News. Perhaps you could clarify the statements in bold above?

Have you read CREA’s mission statement and position about competition? Because the above quoted statements by a CAHPI spokesperson run contrary to CREA’s mandate. The statements are also anti competitive, restrictrive, and slanderous. You know fully well there are many qualified inspectors not aligned and aligned.

Thanks for providing proof that much of what has been stated is nothing but falsehoods and embellished and wishful thinking on your part.

Casaspec

May 6th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Bill Mullen
CAHPI - Ontario Member

Mr. Wand:

Obviously if you say something often enough, you believe it. I’ll type slowly so maybe you can read and understand all the words:

Of course my name is in the article, but nowhere does it say that I said there are 5000 Canadian Home Inspectors or that we would have them all certified by 2007. I might have said it, but the article does NOT quote me.

Just to add more fuel to your outrageously raging fire, I will state here very clearly. There are at least 5000 people in Canada doing Home Inspections. Anyone can verify that by reading a number of publications including those issued by CMHC over the years.

The intent of the Canadian Home Inspector Certification program is to certify as many as possible, as long as they can prove their competence based on the standards being used in the project. The machanisms are now in place to conduct certification reviews on many inspectors. If we have to do 50 to 100 per week, we have the capacity, methods and personpower in place to do it.

You have called me a liar in public many times sir, and you have not one shred of evidence to prove your accusations. Your desperation is pitiful.

I have never, and never will state that only members of CAHPI Associations are competent. I know many home inspectors who do not belong to any association who are excellent inspectors. I even know some who belong to your American company who are very good. Unfortunately, because your owner has counselled you not to participate in the Certification Program, only a handful will be able to show their abilities.

As far as those statements that you printed in bold letters, I have no idea where they came from. I can’t refute or confirm their origin or content. For all I know, maybe you made them up…it wouldn’t be the first time that you have twisted others’ words to suit your venomous cause.

Whether or not CREA is onside with this is up to them. All I know is that reputable, credible Realtors are looking for some consistency in training and competency of Canadian Home Inspectors, and the National Certification Model provides that.

The National Certification Program and CAHPI have embarked on a POSITIVE agenda for Canadian Home Inspectors and consumers. Your constant criticism and negative comments do nobody any good.

Bill Mullen
Bill Mullen RHI
CAHPI Past President
National Certification Project Coordinator

Mr. Wand:

BM

Well having read many statements by you it is obviously you who cannot reliably be relied on to tell and report the truth.
BM

Well at least I am not in an official capacity making statements that are not factual and honest.

Okay I am sorry you have problems dealing with truthful facts. Anyone who has read the article has agreed the comments are attributable to you. Even you seemed confused. If you deny credit thats your call, but the fact remains your name is associated with it. It is not creditable in its truthfulness, and instead of having it corrected you ignorantly choose to let it stand, and continue to deny its wrong.

BM

Okay show me the article and prove your statement. All I have seen is the CMHC article. Did it ever occur to you that CMHC may have mistated the facts? After all we know that CMHC has had problems in the past. If the facts are true the facts should be readily provable! I and many others believe the numbers quoted are much less.

BM

And who is proving your competence?

As to certifying 50-100 per week that is boastful, and if that many can be certified weekly then I guess this must be the grandfathering provision.

BM

Well I think I can substantiate my case. I can’t discuss particulars because the matter of who has called whom a liar is before the DPPC.

BM

Correction and factual info: I am a Nachi member and I am a OAHI member. Neither is my association per se, I am a member. You imply ownership. Also for the record you seem to imply I control NACHI decision making. I do not, nor am I involved in that process.

As to the reason NACHI did not answer your requests there were other logical compelling legal reasons. The most apparent is your long held public comments about NACHI and the fact your National Certification is a self regulating body of home inspectors overseeing home inspectors, with no legislation.

Please don’t become flustered as you have a tendency to do, when you can’t provide answers.

BM

No the comments were not made up. They have been substantiated. This is another case of people of your ilk making statements they have no business making. It is revealing because this is the hyperbole which is being tolerated by your colleagues. And obviously you are not aware of CREA’s mission statements and policies about competition. You and your colleagues should be very careful about statements which are misleading and misrepresentative.

BM

BM

That works both ways Mr. Mullen, you should know your record of disparging remarks are well known

June 11th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Bill Mullen
CAHPI - Ontario Member

This argument could go on for many months, and it will never reach a conclusion because one of us is using facts and the other is resorting to hearsay and innuendo.

I will let the National Certification Program speak for itself. The Pilot Project, which has been even a bigger success than anticipated, is almost over. The information derived from it has been invaluable. Within a short time, the National Certification Authority will be inviting ALL Canadian Home Inspectors to apply for evaluation with the goal of being a National Certificate Holder. CAHPI and the National Certification Authority have and always will make this certification equally available to any active inspector in Canada, regardless of affiliation.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia
Bill Mullen RHI
CAHPI Past President

Casaspec

BM

Really! I guess you would know about innuendo, your the one stating and misquoting the numbers and stating everyone would be certified by 2007! You are also the person of record making statements such as NACHI will be irrelevent, amongst other quotable quotes. But you know what; it would all seem somewhat irrelevant given the fact that licencing will eventually become the norm. Whether licencing is based on the National or not, in the end licencing will put you and CAHPI and the National out of business. In that regard I eargerly await licencing.

BM

Yes I imagine many will pass on the option given that it will cost $1,000! Given that some provinces are looking at licencing why would anyone fork out $1K when licencing will be for free enacted by the provincial governments?

BM

Yep and licencing will in the end level the playing field and take the power from the hands of those who abuse it. That is a win win situation. What will you and the others do once you lose your power base?

Thanks I appreciate your efforts in making licencing happen.

Casaspec

I find it very dissappointing that persons who claim to represent C.A.P.H.I. and the ‘national’ time and again demonstrate their inability to take the high ground, their inability to work with other House Inspection orgs and their rampant anti-Americanism.

How can the claim be made that the ‘national’ is open to all home inspectors when the representatives of that org, are continually bashing and deriding Canada’s largest House Inspection org? How can the claim be made that the ‘national’ will embrace all inspectors regardless of their affiliation when the leaders of that programme seem unable to build, let alone mend, fences?

Where is the olive branch? Where is the attempt to connect with all inspectors? How can any inspector trust the officials of C.A.P.H.I. to be fair and balanced when they cannot bring themselves to be so in any public forum? Why does C.A.P.H.I. allow their representatives locally and nationally to make statements similar to Kurschev’s “We will bury you!” statement when clearly the mandate of the ‘national’ is to foster cooperation between inspectors aligned and nonaligned?

Very dissappointing.

George,

They are writing their own ticket into history. Once licencing is enacted there will be no need for CAHPI or their Certification Branch. Why?
Colleges at least in Ontario, Humber and Seneca already graduate students who would meet the National Standards Program. At that point provincial legislation would a) grandfather b) accept college courses as they are accredited. No need for CAHPI the colleges will look after educating inspectors as it should be, and not as it is as a money making opportunity and home inspectors setting their own standards, and overseeing themselves.

At this point in time the National is irrelvent and everyone should be on the bandwagon of licencing. Lets all work together to ensure licencing protects our rights, set liability caps, et ceteras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casaspec
*Thanks Bill,

I also understand that the Certificates are on hold until November and will be handed out at the National Conference. Something about the first participants having an unfair marketing advantage over those not yet trained/certified?*

BM: That’s correct. We had some people who were not chosen for the Pilot Project express concern that the first few would be able to benefit financially by being able to promote their status. We felt that to be fair, we needed to honour that concern. This way, those who are successful in the Pilot Project will receive their designations at the same time as the others who go through the process between now and November.

That being said, the certificates are not really ‘on hold’ because so far nobody has been approved to be a National Certificate Holder. I suspect that final approval will be delayed until closer to the Conference so that no names are leaked out prematurely.

Bill Mullen RHI
CAHPI Past President

Raymond stated on the NACHI forum:

**Besides it will take til November to get everything done that we were all told would happen by the end of June. Just like they said 5,000 inspectors would be certified by 2007 and I questioned that number and the time frame.

Don’t say I didn’t tell ya so!**

BM: Raymond:

I fail to see how you arrived at your conclusion. Our goal was to finish up the Pilot Project by the end of June 2006. In all but a couple details, that goal will easily be accomplished. Nowhere has anyone other than you said it would take until November. Almost all of the work is done, but if you are referring to delaying the final decisions on those in the Pilot Project, that can be done in an hour. The reviewing work is basically done.

I made a serious error in judgment responding nicely to your earlier questions, only to have you take my answers and twist them according to your own wishes. I will not make that mistake again. You are intentionally ruining it for others who wish to ask questions.

Please don’t complain if you feel you aren’t getting answers, because I offered them only to be subjected to your usual pitiful and desperate attempts to discredit me. Nonetheless, I’m sure you’ll be content making up your own version of everything as you have in the past.

Bill Mullen RHI
CAHPI Past President

Its nice to know that CAHPI and an OAHI member reads NACHI posts, and or that moles seem to be at work. Love it! I also love it when the Big Kettle calls me the Little Kettle black. :wink:

My reply on the CAHPI Discussion board. Its like a graveyard on that forum.

Bill

Now Bill come on, how am I ruining it for others? Are CAHPI members not free thinkers or are the Lemmings?

Just when were you going to let everyone no about the delay? You posted it on the Canuck list first, and it isn’t on the OAHI Cafe and it wasn’t posted here until I asked or brought it to the forefront. Maybe the info should be sent out to “all” at the same time instead of it being privileged by being posted before all others on the CANUCK list.

Carry on and keep pushing Licencing that would be the best outcome. No more self regulation by home inspectors and Franchisors overseeing themselves.

As to factual info, you have been the one quoted as saying 5000 will be certfied by 2007. Now it appears you cannot even process 100 by November. Is this another PDI type promise? Remeber Whistler?

Thanks.

Raymond Wand RHI/CHI

Thanks again Bill.

Interesting how about those who do not get the Canuk or the OAHI cafe . They would know nothing if it was Not posted on the NACHI list.
Bill has proves again that he has two sets of rules .
He does not want any one to receive information from his list and transfer it else where
but it is OK for him to get info from the NACHI list and he can transfer it else where .
Bill again proves what a hypocrite he has been and still is .

Roy Cooke sr RHI Royshomeinspection.com.

I saw a person with a phony name looking this morning looking at the NACHI site .
I guess Bill must sneak around to get information .
This is NACHI all are welcome they do not have to sneak in to get info.
I guess he gets his gollies sneaking around .
I heard there where people like that .
I think they are called peeping Tom’s

Boy thats good. This is the guy who misused ASHI logo, who has outstanding complaints with Better Business Bureau, the same guy who promised PDI, National Insurance for CAHPI members which did not happen, same guy who stated 5000 inspectors and that they “ALL” would be certified by 2007, the same guy who said Nachi was or would be irrelevent, the same guy who called Nick everything under the sun. The same person who tried to tell everyone I was practicing and infringing on the by-laws. Nice.

Who needs to discredit Bill, when he seems quite competent at discrediting himself with out any aid from me or others. Certainly not the only error in judgement Bill has made.