Bill Mullen the Purveyor of Truth

From the CAHPI discussion board for amusement purposes only.

RW
Now Bill come on, how am I ruining it for others? Are CAHPI members not free thinkers or are the Lemmings?

BM
Once again you display your penchant to insult Canadian Home Inspectors.

RW
Just when were you going to let everyone no about the delay? You posted it on the Canuck list first, and it isn’t on the OAHI Cafe and it wasn’t posted here until I asked or brought it to the forefront. Maybe the info should be sent out to “all” at the same time instead of it being privileged by being posted before all others on the CANUCK list.

BM
Once again I ask what delay you are talking about? The Pilot Project is right on track and evolving exactly or even better than planned. The decision to present certificates at the National Conference has been common knowledge to anyone listening since the winter. Had you attended the Kingston Winter Workshop, you would have heard it mentioned many times. I also did not ‘make an announcement’ about it on the Canuck Forum. I merely replied to a question. By the way, I want to thank you for slithering out of the Pilot Project. It immediately raised the calibre of the participants.

RW
Carry on and keep pushing Licencing that would be the best outcome. No more self regulation by home inspectors and Franchisors overseeing themselves.

BM
I have never ‘pushed’ licensing. I have said, but apparently you can’t read, that I have no problem with licensing if it’s done correctly. If they use the CAHPI National Certification Model, and indications are that they will, it will have to be administered by the National Certification Authority, so I am in favour of that. CAHPI will therefore have significant influence in any licensing. In those provinces that have indicated licensing is on the horizon, they have made it clear that licensing will be administered by Home Inspectors, not by nameless beaurocrats, so CAHPI will be very much involved.

RW
As to factual info, you have been the one quoted as saying 5000 will be certfied by 2007. Now it appears you cannot even process 100 by November. Is this another PDI type promise? Remeber Whistler?

BM
I stand behind the 5000 number, as will anyone who has been involved in this process. It’s well documented for anyone who cares to look it up.

There is no delay in the processing. In fact, we have already processed over 100applicants, well before the end of June. This is not a race, it’s a Pilot Project that is meant to determine the right way to implement the National Certification Model. The National Certification Authority has the right and the responsibility to make decisions all through the project based on what comes up in the Pilot Project. If all the outcomes were apparent from the beginning, there would be no need for a Pilot Project. At a meeting in Winnipeg in May, well over 100 background applications were reviewed and several people have passed that milestone. Just because certificates are not being issued now does not mean that the work has not been done.
I do indeed remember Whistler with fondness. It was a great experience and despite the assertions by you and your brain-addled sidekick, the PDI program is far from dead. It is being dealt with quietly and some details will soon surface, possibly as a supplement to the National Certification. The PDI has no doubt suffered a few setbacks, but that’s normal in this industry, especially in our association where we will not force things on our membership without ensuring they are done right.

Bill Mullen RHI
Sarnia, Ontario
A Canadian Home Inspector

Thanks.

Raymond Wand RHI/CHI

Thanks again Bill.
[/quote]
* Last edited by Bill Mullen : June 17th, 2006 at 09:00 AM. *

My reply

Hi Billy,

You stated:

RW
Gee that’s nice Bill you certainly have a way with the English language. You seem to have a bad habit of reverting to name calling when you become flustered. I didn’t “slither” from anything I realize that much of what you have to say as usual has been hyped beyond belief. As I recall you have repeatedly stated I was derailing the National, yet you never have been able to prove that. You also haven’t been able to prove that there are 5000 inspectors. I have repeatedly asked you for the proof of the numbers but like a lot of things you say you can never provide the proof. Just like you have been adament about everyone being certified by 2007. How difficult is it to provide the proof if it is documented? As to attending the workshop in Kingston why would I attend when I have been threatened with violence? As to calibre of participants are you suggesting I am less qualified then any of the other participants? Would you like to back that claim up with hard proof?

Also please note I am still waiting for the return of my fee from CAHPI seems you folks have problems with money returns. I have been waiting since April 17 for the refund. That is shameful! All I hear are excuses.

RW
Bill there you go again… I don’t have a problem with Licencing under the National model if that should happen. What will not happen is licencing under the direction of NCA. Licencing will be enacted under provincial legislation in Ontario and be assured it will not be administered by the NCA it will be administered most likely by a council apppointed by the government. Just remember there are other licenced bodies in Ontario and they are made up of appointments by government. I have no problem with home inspectors on the council as long as they are not the majority.

RW
Well you keep referring to 5000 and have yet to point me to the document or research or poll that indicates that. It should be easy to refer me to the document, but you seem unable or unwilling.

Bill your reputation with many things leaves a lot to be desired, perhaps before you speak and hype up things you should perhaps come through with the promises. Aren’t you the one who said Nachi would be irrelevent after the conference in Niagara Falls of 2005? I still see Nachi around and growing. In the future please ensure you state facts that are not based on animosities or your inability to ensure accurate reporting given your position.

Thanks Bill I always enjoy reading your enlightened views.

Raymond Wand RHI/CHI

Bill Mullen RHI
CAHPI Past President
National Certification Project Coordinator
*Last edited by Bill Mullen : June 17th, 2006 at 09:00 AM. *
[/quote]

Sorry to see Bill still likes to call people bad names past experience with Bill has shown he is far from perfect.
(“despite the assertions by you and your brain-addled sidekick”)
-Bill must learn that if he throws stones they just might come back and he should be prepaired

----- Original Message ----- From: @#@$%$# To: bmullen@ebtech.net Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:53 PM Subject: [Canuck HI] Fw: Prestons (again)?
Bill, I sent the message below to you privately because I didn’t want to embarrass you but you didn’t reply. I know you’ve got your plate full and I’m sure everyone appreciates all you do and have done for us which is why I’m surprised and disappointed to be writing this now. Where are the Preston Guides? You promised delivery of them several times that I know of including the week of May 24 and, most recently, in your last post of July 6, when you said, “[size=2]They have not gone astray. I will see that everyone has theirs by July 15, 2004. I had a small problem with the order but it is being rectified. Thanks to all for your patience. I must admit that I haven’t kept on top of this as well as I should.” If you sent them and I simply didn’t get mine, I assume you would have replied to my private message. There are at least 22 people on the list that ordered from you and I know I’m not the only one waiting.[/size] Bill, if this was anyone but you I think more people would have spoken out. Anyway, even though I too think this is out of character for you (even you acknowledged that “I haven’t kept on top of this”), enough is enough. You cashed my cheque on March 31 and it’s now August 11 with at least two unkept promises of delivery. Is there a problem we should know about? Can you give us a real delivery date?
%%**(* &^&^%(*((___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life goes on and Bill never improves from his many past errors . Most learn from their mistakes
The more I hear,
the more I see!
NACHI is the one for me !
Roy Cooke R.H.I. Royshomeinspection.com
A HAPPY NACHI MEMBER,… More find this out ever day!

Remember Whistler http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935

What I would like to know… why is it that everytime I ask for irrefutable proof of some of the statements being made with regard to the the infamous 5000 numbers I keep getting the run around? CMHC says there are 5000 inspectors and I have been told there is research to back it up. But were is the research, after all its a public document or so I have been led to believe. I have asked time and time again for the document but to no avail.

Now I am being told that licencing in Ontario will most likely be overseen by the Nat. Cert. Authority. Yet we all know that licencing will make home inspection is Ontario a public authority and as such will be completly regulated by a governing council much like Architects, Engineers because they are public authorities set up to protect the public. Again some would have us believe that will not be the case. Sorry but if licencing should occur there will be likely grandfathering and an council made up of government appointees and a number of home inspectors. The council will not be under the guise of NCA because it is set up Federally per se to oversee self regulation across Canada. Provincial matters are absolute and the Federal scheme of self regulation and certification has no bearing in Ontario with licencing. Sounds just fine to me. But then again I am not a national spokesperson with a onus to tell the abosolute truth not an official in an official capacity making erroneous statements to suit an ego.

and another thing to consider…

I don’t see any members from anyother association in Canada having representation on the BOD, NCA, et cetera. All I see is a bunch appointing themselves and their friends to positions. If it is truely representative and inclusive as we have been told; would it not make sense to have someone on the BOD, NCA, et cetera from the other Associations other then CAHPI and OAHI?

So much for equal representation, openess, governance… sure looks like a special interest being given absolute rein by and for themselves. Nice!

As a point of clarification: There are several different council/committee representing interest outside of home inspectors
1 rep is a non-inspector P. Eng
1 rep is a professor from University of Manitoba
1 rep is an officer of CREA
1 rep is a former Presidint of OREA
1 rep is from federal government

Thanks Claude I stand to be corrected, and I am not trying to cloud the issue but this raises a few more questions… so please bare with me.

Who appointed these members and/or if the positions were up for grabs how did the process to serve on this panels evolve?

Can’t say in closing I like the idea of Realtors overseeing home inspectors in any way shape or form, and at the moment don’t have concern with the others. Which leads me to ask; what council/committees do these people sit on?

Thanks Claude
This is exactly what I and others have been complaining about from the get go .
No one but you has given any information and even you have been very reluctant to give much out
I feel this and much more should have been forth comming a long time ago.
This is my and others future we have been talking about and if we all had been given much more information .
I am sure a lot less flaming would be going on.
This has made you me and many others wondering why so much effort has been hidden from all.
I had too much you have to trust us from OAHI and I was and still am very nervous on what is still hidden.
This is only 5 listed are how many others are there and who are they.

Roy Sr.

So perhaps an invite to an upcoming meeting? After all - seems that I am perceived very differently - based on the way I am treated here!

I can offer information - but I am not here to force anyone to accept it, and all realizing that I do not have all the answers. I am only one part of this project.

I do not think you have been treated any different then I and many other members of NACHI .
Please do not try and transfer the blame to us .
I and others have asked pleaded and got upset for sure , but as my buddy Gary says all wounds are self inflicted .
If you feel you have been ill treated well look in the mirror you did also not treat us any differently.
I still appreciate that you at least tried to give some information but as was said before if you are not part of the solution
then you are part of the problem.
NACHI at least allows those nay sayers to see what we say but they hide behind their closed doors .
Fair I think not .
You and the rest must be able to see how great NACHI is .
Most every thing is out in the open .
I guess you can see why NACHI continues to grow while other wither.

Roy Cooke sr

on page 126 of the BC Chamber of Comerence 2006-2007 Policy and provisions Manual it states that
THE CHAMBER RECOMMENDS

That the Provincial Government;

…allow for a Granfathering of current certified inspectors within their current designation into the new Home Inspector qualifications .
http://www.bcchamber.org/files/PDF/Policy_and_Positions_Manual_2006-2007.pdf

Bill Mullen says he is not against provincial Licensing but he double talks in his post . He said he is against " they have made it clear that licensing will be administered by Home Inspectors, not by nameless beaurocrats, "Gee I must be missing some thing because that is what we have with the National a BUNCH of " nameless beaurocrats, " .I guess what was said before Bill is sucking and Blowing at the same time .Bill also said there would be no Grandfathering . Well Bill I guess BC is did not hear you .
I wonder what has happened to the bunch who are taking the National Certification Exam . Lets see did I hear we would have to have 5,000 by the end of the year.
. I hope many
Remember Whistler http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935

Quote:
BM Quote:
I have never ‘pushed’ licensing. I have said, but apparently you can’t read, that I have no problem with licensing if it’s done correctly. If they use the CAHPI National Certification Model, and indications are that they will, it will have to be administered by the National Certification Authority, so I am in favour of that. CAHPI will therefore have significant influence in any licensing. In those provinces that have indicated licensing is on the horizon, they have made it clear that licensing will be administered by Home Inspectors, not by nameless beaurocrats, so CAHPI will be very much involved.

Roy Cooke sr …HI… CAHPI-ON

That is very interesting in deed! Good find. Its also a big download for dialer uppers!

What about this on page 128?

The Act itself clearly outlines the expectations of all professionals involved and trained in upholding the Real
Estate Act and the transference of real property from one party to another. To that end, the current Act fulfills
most of its mandate. Unfortunately there are areas that are still not addressed and are problematic for those
professionals involved, and unfortunately the clients that are to be served.
The solution could be easily solved if there was a standard set for home inspectors that could be recognized.
Although there is the Canadian Home Inspector Certification which is a designation provided by the CHAIP,
there is also the ASTTCI which is a buildings and trades college which can produce quality inspectors, but
not with the CHAIP designation. Even though the two bodies produce well qualified professionals capable of
doing the job, Bill 41 does not recognize either or insist on an inspector having more qualifications than
someone with no trades training. As a result many “inspectors” have no qualifications whatsoever and are
creating problems for legitimate real estate transactions and to move property that will help advance BC’s
economic growth.
THE CHAMBER RECOMMENDS
That the Provincial Government;

1. work with the Home Owner Protection Branch to amend Bill 41 to include definitions of qualified Home
    Inspectors;
  2. ensures that Bill 41 provides the provision that all property subject to an inspection be carried out by a
    qualified professional as defined by #1 above; and
  3. allow for a grandfathering of current certified inspectors within their current designation into the new
    Home Inspector qualifications