Central Arizona Meeting Anouncement

Originally Posted By: mcraig
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Tuesday, April 20th, at 6pm in Phoenix, Arizona …be there!

EVERYONE is cordially invited to the Central Arizona Chapter of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (CeAz NACHI), Tuesday, April 20th at 6pm. New and veteran home inspectors, as well as members of all other associations, are all welcome-you need not be a member of NACHI. Anyone interested in home inspections can attend. Dress casual if you like, as our meetings are informal and fun, the way they should be. Spouses and Friends are welcome. Come hungry!

This meeting is FREE and open to all.

Nick Gromicko, Director of NACHI will discuss:

? Marketing your home inspection service to real estate agents.

? Raising your prices when your competition charges less.

? Converting every call into a scheduled inspection.

Lorne Steiner, Porter Valley Software on:

? Avoiding litigation and inspection software demo.

To be announced speaker on E&O Insurance:

? E&O Insurance.

Michael Craig, head of local CeAz Chapter NACHI:

? Setting up Community involvement (volenteer Charity)

Free stuff:

? Porter Valley Software free demos.

? There will be other free items and a raffle too.

Free marketing help:

? After the meeting I will stay and help any inspector one-on-one, so bring your flyers/brochures for us to work on. I will also be available the next morning during breakfast. If you can’t make the meeting you should visit http://www.nachi.org/success_tips.htm for some free money making home inspection tips.

The Dinner will be a Sonoran Buffet served with rice, beans, cheese enchiladas and your choice of two: Pollo Con Espinaca, Carnitas Enchiladas, Chicken Poblanos, Spinach Enchiladas, Red Corn Shrimp Enchiladas, Pollo Asada, Combo Fajitas. Alcoholic beverages are at your own expense.

RSVP with me at nick.gromicko@nachi.org if you plan to attend. There is no charge but your dinner is $20.
Dues: There are currently no dues required to join this CeAz NACHI Chapter. You need not join to attend. All free.
Place:
? Macayo?s Kitchen Restaurant
4001 N. Central Ave.
Phoenix, AZ. 85012
(602) 200-1780
? Directions: from Phoenix International airport: When you leave the airport get on 24th. St. heading North get in the left lane as soon as you can and go up 2 street light to VanBuren, Turn left and go 24 blocks to Central Ave. Turn right on Central Ave and go up Central Ave. past Osborn Rd.it will be on your right at Indianola Ave.
? The Holiday Inn is on Central Ave past the Indian School light a couple blocks on your right.
? http://www.mapquest.com/
? For room reservations at the Holiday Inn Midtown call (602) 200-8888. 4321 N Central Ave. (just a few blocks North of Macayo?s.) Ask for the NACHI group rate.
? Everyone is welcome to attend this open-door free home inspection event.
Member has put this Chapter and meeting together:
Michael Craig
Ironwood Home Inspection LLC
Phn. 602-277-5634
Cell 602-697-1344
irnwdhis@yahoo.com
http://www.ironwoodhomeinsp.com/
QUESTIONS??? Email: nick.gromicko@nachi.org
I hope to see you there!
Nick Gromicko
Executive Director
National Association of Certified Home Inspectors
nick.gromicko@nachi.org
www.nachi.org

Attendance counts as 1 hour toward NACHI member continuing education requirements. You need not be a member to attend. All welcome.

Form your own local NACHI Chapter.

Membership benefits.

How to get more home inspection business now.

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: dharris

After Reading the posts reguarding the Az nachi chapter my question as both a Az ashi and nachi member is what is your agenda?

I joined ashi 4 years ago and nachi 1 year ago for the purpose of gaining additional information to provide my customers a better and informed inspection. There is more time spent on this PUBLIC FORUM bashing ashi and ashi members including 1 local competitor, an experienced inspector that was bashed to the point that he won't waste his time on this site,this inspector attempted to share his inspection knowledge only to be bashed for being a proud ashi member
This inspector shared with me as a new inspector and competitor AT NO CHARGE information that increased my business from 6-8 inspection a month to 35 a month in less than 1 year.

If the agenda of this group is to provide and share experiences to grow our business's and provide our Az customers a better, informed and professional inspection count me in,
If this is the agenda of this group is to continue the same negitave approch to inspectors of others associations as I've seen with nachi during the past year I am 1 inspector that will not be there
Dan Harris
Inspect Az www.inspectaz.com

If you read the invitation you will see this meeting is informative and not an ASHI bashing. I have even invited ASHI members and BTR members.

I want to get one thing straight for the record there are two things that need fixed in the certification process in Arizona there needs to be a fair playing field the BTR needs to not addvertise for ASHI (State standards of practice)or any other organization they are a state agency and ASHI needs to quit bashing all other inspectors with there adds run in realtor magazines here in AZ. NACHI and no other organization in AZ. has done anything to ASHI at this date and time. We have put up with all the unfair business practices that have been delt to us and struggled along on our great abilities as Home Inspectors. I was trained by ASHI because there was no other way to get certified in Arizona. This is all that needs to be said I have Friends that are current and past ASHI members. If you want bashing read “Cole Greenberg’s (ASHI) Home Inspection Reports written in the Arizona Journal of Real Estate & Business” then look at the Arizona ASHI adds. run in the same publication. NACHI members to this date have not done anything in AZ. to discredit ASHI or any other organization. get your facts straight on who is doing what to who.

Originally Posted By: dharris

No I don’t need to get my facts straight.

With potential inspectors viewing this board I think they need to realize that this like any other business will have competitors that always promote that they or the group they are members of are better that any one else

Four years ago I got my inspection training, marketed my 30 years construction experience and thought I knew it all. For the 1st 6 months I got 3 calls and 1 inspection, lost the other 2 to the evil ashi guy.

Instead of trying to change and blame the system for not getting work I took a positive approach and went to local ashi meetings [if nachi was in existence it may have been a nachi meetings]

The 1st meeting I went to I found out real quick I didn’t have a clue of how much I didn’t know, and didn’t have a clue what my real liability was.

And yes it was that darn Cole Greenburg that gave the presentation

Another thing I figured out was that I was marketing to the wrong realtors
The realtors that want ashi qualified inspectors are few ,compared to the realtors that want the new inspector with minimum knowledge and experience so you don't kill there deal.There only requirement is if they wink you need to wink back and under report the problem , and that you have E&O insurance and that there are named as insured
If your losing inspections to ashi inspectors you may be marketing to the wrong realtors
If you think ashi marketing in the realtor paper is hurting your business, from my experience you better think again
For the past 2 years as a result of being an ashi inspector I got less than 20 inspections from realtors , [I pissed most of them off because I figured out real quick that I could get more work and referals from the same customer by properly reporting, and often killing the deal]
But damn I sleep good at nite

As a result of networking, getting marketing tips from other inspectors, attending local continued education seminars, and providing a quality and informed report to my customers last year alone I performed 410 inspections
I get more inspections from being a member of the BBB and listed on inspector locater sites. They may be the best guys to go after for equal treatment as both of them require being in business for 1 year

Heck you may want to challenge FREA also, for equal treatment. I think they only offer discounts to inspectors with over 100 or more completed inspections

In my humble opinion,instead of trying to change the system I would think the positive approach of nachi as a whole ,would be figure out what can be done to be better than ashi inspectors,

Dan Harris
Inspect Az

[/quote]

Removed

This post is to invite people to the Central Arizona Chapter meeting it will be informative and fun for all who attend there will be a bunch of give aways and good information for all.

Lets stop the Arizona Problems on this post Mr Harris and others if you have a problem with me lets move somewhere else off of this post it is getting old this is a sight for possitive meeting information not a battle ground ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif) ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif) ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif) ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif) ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif) ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

This thread was much too long for me to read but I see a bunch of references to ASHI and NACHI. I just got home from the NJ NACHI Chapter meeting and we had a bunch of great ASHI guys there. Many are working with us on the changes we are making in NJ.

Furthermore, most of our Chapters have many ASHI members in attendance.

Even furthermore, and this is a biggie: Nearly ALL of NACHI's Chapters were formed by ASHI or ex-ASHI members (myself included in the latter category).

I feel no conflict within myself when I say I hate ASHI the association and love my fellow ASHI inspectors.

Nick