Certification

Originally Posted By: Adam Calvery
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Good evening. I am new to this forum and have lots of questions, so I hope I don’t get on anyone’s nerves. I was wondering about certification for inspectors. Is certification based on individual states’ legislation? How often does certification have to be renewed? Is there continuing education involved? I know virtually nothing about these topics and would be very appreciative to anyone who can tell me more. Thanks in advance,

Adam Calvery

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Adam, welcome to NACHI, it would be a heck of a lot easier to advice you if we knew what state you lived in as you correctly surmised licensing varies greatly dependent on state. our legislative forum has info on most of the licensed states but if that doesn’t cover it let us know where you’re based.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Adam Calvery

Gerry,

Thanks for the reply. I am in Oklahoma, and I'll take a look over at the legislative forum. I have poked around many different sites on the internet but nothing seems to be point blank in their answers...of course I may just be missing the one nugget of importance in the mounds and mounds of "legalese". Thanks again.

Adam

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Adam, I’ve just added the Oklahoma information into the legislative area of this forum I have not had time to read it but the link to the Oklahoma state dept of health is on there.

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"