Certified Inspector Not Recognized by Lender??

Originally Posted By: rbracklow
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Kenneth,

It is fantastic what you are doing to remember your Uncle still there. Perhaps unlike like the two Airmen's remains that were recently recovered, your Uncle may be found alive.

Keep your Faith and hopes up. Always wear that bracelet that I know you are wearing to remember him, and others like him.

God bless,

Ron.

Originally Posted By: Walter Engelking

World Savings Eh??

I just had a run in with them myself.

This past summer I was refinancing my own home, and my broker wanted to go through them. They refused the property because it contains a beauty shop. This shop is really not much more than a family room with a salon sink instead of a wet bar, and is in 100% compliance with all codes and ordinances. Evidently, they are just really picky about the the properties they take on.

My guess, Ron, is that they have already made up their mind about that particular property, and have no intention of making the loan.

Walter Engelking

Originally Posted By: rbracklow

Happy New Year Walter,

I believe you are 100% on the money. It seems that if anything is out of the ordinary, or they feel so, then you might as well forget it. The house in question during my inspection had an additional bathroom that was out of the ordinary and as a result of that they gave the buyer a really hard time, even though the seller reduced the price of the property by $100,000.00 to compensate for the difference. Wow!!

That's life. But for them to give me a hard time, that's what I still don't understand. Oh well, that's life!

Ron.

Originally Posted By: Walter Engelking

Ron,

Just as a little background, I worked as as engineer for about 30 years before I got disgusted with “corporate America” and decided to to out on my own. I decided to invest in real estate, and just got into home inspections, primarily as a tool to evaluate my own investments. In the process, I have dealt with lots of Mortgage Brokers and Underwriters.

The bottom line is that whoever mentioned the "Golden Rule" earlier on this post hit the nail on the head. It's their money, and they can pretty much decide how they will invest it. The "funny" (ain't really funny) part is the excuses they come up along the way. One potential lender refused a loan to me because I didn't have six months worth of loan payments in the bank for an investment property. In fact, I had enough in that account to pay cash for the deal, but he didn't think the money was "seasoned" because it had just come out of equity from another property that I had just sold.

I think in your case, they dismissed you just as a convenient excuse, wanting to get an inspector that would help them reject the property. Even though my advise to you would not to take it personally, I know that I would take it very personally. Even though it takes a lot of negative energy to go after this kind of thing, if you feel that this reflects on your charactor, I'd say "go get 'em!"

One last point. NACHI seems to be the one organization that really supports it's members. Any chance you could get a little support from them?

Walter Engelking

Originally Posted By: rpalac

Nick and all others,

There seems to be a lot of continuity about NACHI not being recognized. There is now yet another thread under General Information regarding no recognition in Ontario Canada.

We need to face reality that there is an injustice going on. Maybe we need to do some changes on our side, and most certainly we need to get involved and be pro-active in getting us (NACHI) recognized.

Nick,
Is there anything that us as members can do?

This seems to be swallowing us alive at the moment. Is all I here is ASHI this and that and ASHI is recognized and NACHI is not.

Do we take position city by city or state legislator or what?

I guess I'm eager to help but it's better to do it as a team in a focussed intended direction.

It's us against the world! When do we attack? (hahaha)

Bob P.
\c/o to General Onation and Phila