Closet light fixtures

1 Like

Use a rough service bulb.
Maybe go save some children by banning trampolines or hamsters in classrooms or something.
Bulbs in closets is not doing it for me as a concern…

2 Likes

I don’t know, they look as bad as Lawn Jarts… :wink:

1 Like

I agree. This is one area where it is a judgement call for me.

The most likely place I see bulb-only fixtures in closets is in century homes. If the closet has a 10’ ceiling and there is nothing close to the bulb (shelving and stored items), it is not going to make the report. But other century homes have “knee walls” in the upstairs closets where the light fixture is sometimes on the angled ceiling and in a precarious position. Those I will put in the report.

1 Like

And then the new owners move in and stack stuff higher and higher…Ooops. :flushed:

YMMV

2 Likes

Fire is pretty scary shit. Sounds like you guys have never had to put one out or seen anyone with third degree burns. How fast do you think a closet fire in a bedroom would spread? Just hope you never have to find out.

2 Likes

I have been reading up on this issue since you posted. I may have to rethink my position on the matter. Thank you for posting Robert and Larry. This is why I study the forum almost every day!

2 Likes

I felt the same at one point untill I saw a hole burned into a blanket when accessing an attic . I then started looking a bit more and found quite a few scenarios with burn marks on clothing, storage, etc. People tend to pack those older, smaller closets with a lot of stuff.
Besides, it doesn’t matter what we think, right? Aren’t we supposed to report on stuff regardless of our feelings?

3 Likes

1 Like

…but the possibility of a potential hazard exists. At a minimum the client should be aware of this.

2 Likes