damaged sheet rock venting

Originally Posted By: Craig Shap
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I came across a damaged sheetrock ceiling inside the this small utility room. As you can see the venting system is holding up on its own and the vent on the roof is very secure and flashed properly, I do see a potencial problem with the support from the "B vents from the furnace or water heater… What is your opinion based on the photo.

![](upload://s5m6anXORB5Mbj2V5dArfnONS5u.jpeg)

--
CAS Atl GA.
The Hometeam Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: jsavino

There should be a fire stop at the base of the b vent. That will support the vent. The sheet rock should seal around the stop. My concern is why the first connection of the vent is on an angle.

John Savino

HomeWorks Inspection Services, LLC

St. James, NY

Originally Posted By: msheckler

Craig Shapiro wrote:
I came across a damaged sheetrock ceiling inside the this small utility room. As you can see the venting system is holding up on its own and the vent on the roof is very secure and flashed properly, I do see a potencial problem with the support from the "B vents from the furnace or water heater...... What is your opinion based on the photo.

![](upload://s5m6anXORB5Mbj2V5dArfnONS5u.jpeg)

What is vent connected to?
Reply & will try to answer you.
msheckler

Originally Posted By: Craig Shap

The vent is connected directly above to the roof and roof vent. This is a small untility room the roof height is approximatly 7 to 8’ in height.

CAS Atl GA.

The Hometeam Inspection Service