Do not buy whirlpool appliances

They replaced all the dishwasher parts. They’re trying dryer parts now…:p:mrgreen::roll:

As a past appliance guy can tell you GE was always the worst with tons of recalls and cheap plastic parts in the past while Whirlpool is average to slightly above average.
The ABT site has lots of customer reviews for whats happening today.

I meant to say tank, the drum I was referring to was the one pounding in my head with frustration. The leak comes from the right hand side of the door, they have replaced practically everything but it’s worse than ever…

I have a great dishwasher…I call her Wendy.:smiley:

Roger that !. hate to say it, but a lot of the warranty repair company’s have become part changer’s. We have stayed away from their requests that we join them. Trouble getting paid on time etc. We stick to our own ways, and that is fixing it right the first time. Rarely do we have a call back. Been doing it about fourteen years now. And the old fellow that taught me has been around about 30 some years. This is a fading business, appliances are being built by no-care company’s.

Sorry for the trouble. a lot of times its the spray arm, debris can actually get inside the spray ports and cause such a problem, and/or the main spray arm hold down screws came loose also causing such a problem. the drain hose itself can be the problem. have had people install food disposal and forget to knock out the knock out plug. Wish i could be there to help but have to many problems down here.

Looks like Whirlpool is getting flushed.

As a kitchen designer I sold lots of appliances and had good luck with Fridgedaire, I also have a wall oven that costs $1700 and it now needs the circuit board rebuilt $160, I already replaced a fuse myself at $120 cost probably a $6 part. Appliances are now considered a major purchase when doing a new kitchen.

I have a 10 year old LG fridge from South Korea but maybe made in China for LG, 10 years no problems. Bosch dishwasher is also good after 10 years but I need to clean the spray arms a couple of times a year.

As was said buying the simpler appliances may make sense, do we realy need dishwasher with 20 settings?

Derek, don’t know if you know this but Whirlpool make the following:

Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Gladiator GarageWorks, Inglis, Estate, Brastemp, Bauknecht and Consul

This leaves most people with the option of buying Electrolux, or GE from a N. American manufacturer or on e of the Turkish or Japanese imports. Look how well that worked for the car industry.

You are, in my opinion, better off going up the chain and trying to get things fixed here.

Again, Twitter and Facebook.

I had an LG in my last house that worked like a dream, I should’ve bought another one…

Thanks Frank, I’ve posted on their FB site, I don’t use twitter…

Sign up for twitter just for this. I’ve heard that companies are very responsive to it.

So it worked? FB or Twitter?

It’s a sad state of affairs when Korean Samsung & LG manufacture a superior appliance when compared to American manufacturers, hopefully they, like the American auto industry did, will learn their lesson and put quality back into their products.

With that said I will say Bosch makes a good dishwasher.

Sad part today is from whom do you buy. Whirlpool owns:

JENN-AIR, KitchenAid, Maytag, Amana, and perhaps more.

I did notice a huge drop in quality when residential KitchenAid was sold by Hobart to Whirlpool (the commercial KitchenAid is still Hobart).

I married a dishwasher 45 years ago and still have her I asked her what color her wedding dress was going to be she white I said good it will match the other kitchen appliances;-)

All kidding aside just recently we bought a Samsung dishwasher from Lowes it took a hike in 11 months and Lowes had no repair person that was qualified to work on Samsung or Bosch so they replace it with a new unit and paid a plumber to install it. My only problem was the lady in the white dress was on my case until it was installed:shock: