Do you call this for repairs

So was I Eric. If you look close you can see the lettering indicating plumbing line not Romex.

I have never seen pvc bend like this!

Eric don’t argue with a fence post that was romax going over the gas line I was there so I should know.

The code reference KW was unable to find is IRC 2415.1 UPC 1211.2.5

Cheap crap does and according to the pics I see posted by Charley I would say this was cut to long and was clamped in one area only.
And a circulating air duct refers to a “heated air duct” but I can see how that could be construed wrong as many Codes are that cross between Gas Code and Residential Code.
I also have looked this up many times Charley.
So don’t say things like “I could not find” unless you are sure who you are talking too on the other end.

I guess Charley was wrong…you can go tell him… :roll:

The refrigerant lines resting on the gas pipe is another nice touch. Or, is that black pvc?

Yes I will tell him as it is right in the same area as the 1211.2.5. It is easy to make that mistake and it is not to challenge you guys that I am here for.
The Gas code was made for all North America and if you were challenged by this in court you would lose.
Gas lines are installed in return air plenums all the time. I still would call out this one here but not because of the Gas Code.
If that is Romex it should be in your report also I hope.

Please explain to me how we ended up in court?

Let’s recap. Charley made the original post. Last I looked, he was in the United States. I am thinking that the codes in the States might be applicable.

Here, the three items being talked about, would all be wrong…for various reasons, the least of which is the building code.

It is a statement to show that the comment Charley made about it not being allowed would need to be proved. Like I said Gas lines get installed in return air all the time. Best location in my mind as you can visually see it. If you can’t see it from both ends and at all joints or unions then and test them for leaks it is a NO GO.
If I am wrong then many installations and practice would need to change in the Gas Installation Industry.

Hey Tar Baby, you are not impressing anyone with your lack of knowledge. This may be commonplace in Canada, but the US codes do not allow for it. Why on earth would you care to know US Codes? If you spent more time studying the codes of your own country, you might learn something.

Good grief, you are pathetic!

I’ll post this again because it appears you either didn’t read it or understand it…or both.

Now, my bigger question would be, what is it that makes the installation correct?

I don’t need to prove to you about anything, I give a crap less what happens north of the border. Gas lines in supply and or return air distributions system in the US has been a no no since the dawn of time get over it, go do some inspections or what ever it is that you call them. I have reports to write so quit bothering me

Charley I would never call out a gas line in a Return air and I don’t think any home Inspector should unless they can’t see all connections to test for leakage.
You the Pope or anyone will not change that unless it was a accepted practice to install gas lines hidden with connections in a wall. I have yet to see that ever pass.

What part of I don’t care what you call out or do not call out don’t you understand. Read the IRC I don’t think they publish the IRC in Braille but you might ask. BTW you are not being paid to think so my advice is to stop trying

There is an old story about a mule and a farmer. The farmer got pissed one day at the mule and decided to end his life dug a big big hole in the ground and placed the mule at the bottom, alive and commenced to back fill the hole each time as the dirt got up to the mules knees he would simply take a step up. This kept on until the mule reached the top and he simply stepped out of the hole.

You remind me of the farmer:shock:

But he acts like an a s s.

I am still trying to figure out what is right about the installation. Using the logic of, it is ok for a gas line to go through the duct work, why not electrical, plumbing, and anything else you can think of. :roll:

Eric there is no logic when it comes to KW he beats to his own drum but he has no drum. He just goes thru the motion

Thanks for the thought Charley. Here is his latest reasoning on the subject. :wink:

http://webpaper.co/img/5184.gif

Your killing me my sides are hurting:mrgreen:

Gas line in return plenum is wrong just as a gas dryer vent through a return … I see either one about once a month

If you see them done that way all the time then it must be ok!