Do you go beyond the SOP on EVERY inspection?

I am wondering…so, PLEASE VOTE.

Do you go beyond the SOP on EVERY inspection?

1. Yes
    1. No

0 voters

Edit: I thought back more, when I was inspecting, and realized that I did go beyond the SOP but it was the same on every inspection. So, I changed my answer.

1 Like

To be completely fair and honest, you forgot one possible answer… “I don’t know”!

1 Like

Actually missed another option “I don’t even do the minimum SOP requirements”. Unfortunately that is becoming more prevalent these days.

1 Like

ALSO… When the SOP states “Not Required To”… is that ‘Beyond SOP’ if I do, or not?

1 Like

No it is not… …

I forgot “Don’t Tase me, bro”, also. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Where’s BK when ya need him??

I saw that he posted today, I think it was today. But, I was in the middle of something, then forgot to go back and say hello.

Referred to as" Serviceable SoP :wink:" I hear many realtors don’t mind. :wink:

And “legally”… that is exactly how it should be! It’s all about consistency. Last thing you need is to be dragged into a courtroom, and the opposing attorney wanting to know WHY this time you chose to go beyond the SOP… or even worse, why you DID NOT do what you have done hundreds of times before, for other clients??
Nothing wrong with exceeding the SOP, you just need to be consistent and do it all the time!

2 Likes

No it’s called not doing their job!

As for the “Serviceable” concept that’s a crock in itself!

2 Likes

Well… you are conversing with the WAFI King!!

2 Likes

we have an inspection on Monday where the client asked if he could bring my states SOP requirements with him. I told him absolutely but I didn’t get into the fact we typically try to always go beyond those requirements. I’ve never had anyone ask this before. Anyone ever get this question from a client.

No, but I am an incredibly thorough inspector, so it is literally impossible for me to miss something! Just put it out of your mind, (don’t dwell on it, causes distractions and mistakes), and just do the awesome inspection that you always do! That should impress the hell out of your client, and he won’t even remember he brought the SOP to reference.

3 Likes

I send a sample of the states SOP with every inspection agreement.

3 Likes

Larry you flipped your vote.

Yes, I did it so often that I was thinking SOP, Martin.

Lol. Time for a nap.

Got your AMBIEN refilled, eh?

WHOA Better remove that & watch out buddy or you’ll be in BIG doo doo soon!

Mr. Jonas I will pay particular attention to
I will even make a complaint to your state
No joke
I will also see what I can do on my side of the 49th parallel
deserve a good look at by the authorises and that is what I am going to start doing now

1 Like