Do you have an Inspection agreement?

I just found out that a good % of the inspectors in Tucson have NO agreement…

Is this insanity or…

I think it is insanity…

Please give you thoughts.

It is total insanity…
No it isn’t…
Yes it is…
No it isn’t…
Yes it is…
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If I remember correctly, the BTR SOP requires it.

it does require it…it specifically states that an agreement must be signed before the report can be handed over.

I am not lying when I say a goodly portion of SW AZ home inspectors have no signed agreement.
One fellow I talked to sends it with his report via HomeGage and never gets a signed copy back!!!

I told him that he was nut’s, but he assures me that his law dogs say it’s OK…

I think not!!!

What is this that we are seeing?

http://www.btr.state.az.us/regulations/home_inspectors.asp

specifically, 2.2(a)

The BTR SOP states:

before the inspection report is delivered, enter into a written agreement with the clientor their authorized agent

I think his law dogs are reading into the statement. A written agreement should be signed. Also, he is delivering the agreement at the same time as the inspection report and not “before”. I bet his law dogs told him he had to print it out so that the agreement came before the report. Idiots.

It could be that he just doesn’t know that he has to do it. I am sure what ever school he went to never taught him to do it right or even covered it.

Here in Tennessee, I see a lot of inspectors putting in their agreements and reports that the inspection was performed in accordance with ASHI standards or NACHI standards and do not even refer to the State Standards. Mostly because they do not know any better and they are using agreements that their schools provided for them.

[/quote]

A fine of up to $2000.00 PER item that does not comply with standards.
Fail to have a signed agreement, fail to report on a few items…They will not hesitate to fine an inspector $$ 6-8-10.000 or more.
From what I gather, from reading the penialities on the btr site] they have been very lax for the past 5 yrs,
with the exception of minor things,
NO MORE $1-200.00 fines

A new sheriff is in town. at the BTR] Enforcement is in place.
It’s either Comply with the rules and standards 100%,

Fail to comply
Send a ck to the BTR or loose your Lic…
Short on cash… no problem, turn your lic in, they may negioate/reduce the fine, pay off the reduced fine, reapply, ie: start the process all over in 5 yrs…
:roll: :roll: :roll:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

I live in a resort area and 75% of my clients are out of town, way out. I send the agreement with the report and ask for them to return a signed copy. Some do , some don’t. Wyomng has no state regs. What am I exposing myself to?

I won’t do an inspection without a signed agreement up front. There are faxes, email, overnight delivery, etc. I do many inspections for out of town clients and they understand, in fact, if they are not going to be at the inspection, I get payment in advance too.

One reason is that insurance companies require a signed agreement for the policy to be effective. Another is there is no record of what you are and are not agreeing to inspect for a certain amount so that leaves you open to the “he said” “she said” liability and I want my client to know exactly, up front. It is managing their expectations.

Thanks for the input. I’ll change my procedure!

I fax it to the out of towners

I can fax it to out of towners, e-mail it, have them download it from my website, whatever.

But
No signed insection agreement = no inspection

No payment = no report!

I could not believe it either…

Some people are freakin’ nut’s…

A fine of up to $2000.00 PER item that does not comply with standards.
Fail to have a signed agreement, fail to report on a few items…They will not hesitate to fine an inspector $$ 6-8-10.000 or more.
From what I gather, from reading the penialities on the btr site] they have been very lax for the past 5 yrs,
with the exception of minor things,
NO MORE $1-200.00 fines

A new sheriff is in town. at the BTR] Enforcement is in place.
It’s either Comply with the rules and standards 100%,

Fail to comply
Send a ck to the BTR or loose your Lic…
Short on cash… no problem, turn your lic in, they may negioate/reduce the fine, pay off the reduced fine, reapply, ie: start the process all over in 5 yrs…
:roll: :roll: :roll:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>
[/quote]

Dan, my post was no BS, there are HI’s doing this that have been in Biz for 5 +. I don’t get it, are these people insane or even worse, ignorant of the law.:roll:

Does the BTR give rewards for turning in stupid HI’s ? LOL

http://www.nachi.org/onlineagreement.htm

Yes we have one!! You are nuts if you do inspections without. George

WOW, talk about red boxes, what’s the matter folks are you worried about being regulated by the State because you suck as a Home Inspector and can not pass a simple test?

Well, except for the most extreem test of all… The NACHI online test… My MOM past this test and knows nothing about a residential building. Geeez folks get a grip.

Is this the wrong thread?

As the wheel turns, it matters not, as these folks are useing agreements, it seems that there NACHI agreement was thrown out of court as it is not specific enough to the areas in question…

Look folks the Nachi agreement is fine, but you must make it your own for your State… Live and learn.

I got a Red box from DHarris, hmmm, I did not think non members could do this.?

Dan, did you give me a box or is someone lying?