Do you have high-resolution images for InterNACHI’s new Fireplace Book

If you do, please send the highest resolution file (We will not use low resolution images) to kim@internachi.org with the number you are submitting the picture for. (Do not post them in the forum please)

**Also, if we use your pictures, we will send you 20 FREE now books! **

2. A masonry chimney flue, where the connector vent pipe connects at a point at least 12 inches above the lowest portion of the interior of the chimney flue.
3. A single-wall metal pipe used as a vent connector passing through a wall, ceiling or floor.
4. Inlets to masonry chimneys that enter from the side.
5. House framing components that are at least 2 inches away from the chimney wall. Open spaces between the chimney wall and the combustible building materials should be sealed and insulated with non-combustible material.
6. The flue for a heating system or fireplace that has enough cross-sectional area and height to create an adequate draft.
8. Metal chimney flue liners that are made of stainless steel or aluminum.
9. The type of venting materials that are dependent upon the operating characteristics of the appliance being vented. Appliances can be characterized with respect to:
-positive or negative pressure within the venting system; and
-whether or not the appliance generates gases that condense in the venting system.
10. Chimney flashing that is installed where the chimney stack meets the roof covering to prevent water penetration.
12. A masonry chimneys that is built with an inadequate crown constructed from common mortar mix.
15. Where the firebox walls are slanted to reflect heat energy into the room. This angle of the walls is referred to as splay.
16. Where the throat of the fireplace is located above the combustion chamber.
21. The cross-sectional area of a chimney flue that is based on the area of the fireplace opening. One rule of thumb is that the flue area should be at least one-tenth of the total fireplace opening.
23. The refractory panel walls of a factory-built fireplace.
24. Wood-Burning Stoves. (Small, Medium or Large)
26. Efflorescence, the white chalky powder that you might find on the surface of a concrete or brick wall.
28. Counter-flashing installed in slots cut onto the mortar joints and on the low side of the chimney.
31. Where the kickout flashing is missing at the area where the gutter end meets the chimney.
32. Where the kickout flashing is missing. .
36. Combustible materials that are (or are not) located at least 3 feet away from the fireplace opening.
37. A metal flue liner taken from below the damper.
40. The smaller-diameter flue connector pipe from the gas-fired hot water tank that is properly located and entering the masonry chimney above the larger-diameter connector pipe from the heating system.
41. An open damper and flue pipe from a brand new, unused pre-fabricated fireplace.
42. Fireplaces, wood-burning stoves, and their chimneys.
43. Damper doors that are located at the top of the chimney stack. The damper operation should be accessible in the same room as the fireplace.
46. A Creosote buildup that was observed on the rear wall of a fireplace.
47. The mortar joints of a chimney that are cracking into pieces, which is a defect.
48. A deteriorated flue lining, which is a hazard.
49. A severely deteriorated flue lining, which is a defect.
50. A deteriorated masonry that was observed at the crown (or wash).
51. The doors to wood stoves that operate as expected by the inspector and should close tightly with the latch.
52. A chimney pipe and chase in an unfinished attic space.
54. Defects at the walls of the pre-fabricated fireplace, including large open cracks in the wall material.
55. A gas-fired decorative fireplace unit.

Thank you! :smiley:

I will check and delete the numbers for pictures that we have received already.

Thank you again!

I like free books!

Everyone does. :slight_smile:

I know I have some of these.

I just need to match up which inspection to which number listed.

when you’ll settle for lower res images i have many of these, please advise if needed

adairinspexAThotmail.com

once report is complete i resize & compress all

example

displaced flue.jpg

I can give you a high resolution version of these two if you want. From when Bubba raised the roof.

DSCN2037 (Small).JPG

DSCN2099 (Small).JPG

Kim,

I just emailed you a few.

The wooden stick holding the damper open (last picture) is got to be an all time favorite: lets see wood stick, fire, hummm. This pictures were all from a house yesterday.

Just sayin’

My apologies

If you have any questions or comments about this post don’t hesitate to email me!

We still need lots of pictures!

Remember to** email **them to me with the number that the picture goes along with.

Thanks again for your help, and remember if we use your pictures you get free books! :cool:

Kim, start posting (on this thread) a thank you to every member who contributes. I’m also going to send them each some free stuff.

Just sent a few pics I check back to see if more are still needed I have lots just have to go through them

A special thank you to these fantastic Inspectors who helped us out so far;
**Frank Rotte, Richard Ingalls, Charles Wallace, Kenneth Ellison, Robert Jude, Chuck Evans, and Nate Snook! **

You guys sent amazing pictures, and we thank you for your help!

But we still need more, so keep those amazing pictures coming!

Please make a checklist of what you have already. I hate busy work :slight_smile:

I have a neighbor or two with fireplaces and i’ll check ant take if they are going for HIGH RES book photos.

WAY TO GO ON THAT :slight_smile:

Hi Michael, I have been deleting the ones we have received off the main list.

All the numbers you see on the first post are the ones we have yet to have a picture for.

So send away! :slight_smile:

Here is a new and updated list of what we need still.

If you see one you have, send it to kim@internachi.org and we will send you free books!

1. A masonry chimney flue, where the connector vent pipe connects at a point at least 12 inches above the lowest portion of the interior of the chimney flue.
2. A single-wall metal pipe used as a vent connector passing through a wall, ceiling or floor.
3. Inlets to masonry chimneys that enter from the side.
4. House framing components that are at least 2 inches away from the chimney wall. Open spaces between the chimney wall and the combustible building materials should be sealed and insulated with non-combustible material.
**5. **The flue for a heating system or fireplace that has enough cross-sectional area and height to create an adequate draft.
6. Metal chimney flue liners that are made of stainless steel or aluminum.
7. The type of venting materials that are dependent upon the operating characteristics of the appliance being vented. Appliances can be characterized with respect to:
-positive or negative pressure within the venting system; and
-whether or not the appliance generates gases that condense in the venting system.
8. Chimney flashing that is installed where the chimney stack meets the roof covering to prevent water penetration.
9. Where the firebox walls are slanted to reflect heat energy into the room. This angle of the walls is referred to as splay.
10. Where the throat of the fireplace is located above the combustion chamber.
11. The cross-sectional area of a chimney flue that is based on the area of the fireplace opening. One rule of thumb is that the flue area should be at least one-tenth of the total fireplace opening.
12. Wood-Burning Stoves. (Small, Medium or Large)
13. Efflorescence, the white chalky powder that you might find on the surface of a concrete or brick wall.
14. Counter-flashing installed in slots cut onto the mortar joints and on the low side of the chimney.
15. Where the kickout flashing is missing at the area where the gutter end meets the chimney.
16. Where the kickout flashing is missing.
17. Combustible materials that are (or are not) located at least 3 feet away from the fireplace opening.
18. A metal flue liner taken from below the damper.
19. The smaller-diameter flue connector pipe from the gas-fired hot water tank that is properly located and entering the masonry chimney above the larger-diameter connector pipe from the heating system.
20. Fireplaces, wood-burning stoves, and their chimneys.
21. Damper doors that are located at the top of the chimney stack. The damper operation should be accessible in the same room as the fireplace.
**22. **A Creosote buildup that was observed on the rear wall of a fireplace.
23. The mortar joints of a chimney that are cracking into pieces, which is a defect.
24. A severely deteriorated flue lining, which is a defect.
25. The doors to wood stoves that operate as expected by the inspector and should close tightly with the latch.
26. A chimney pipe and chase in an unfinished attic space.
27. Defects at the walls of the pre-fabricated fireplace, including large open cracks in the wall material.
28. A gas-fired decorative fireplace unit.

And a thank you to everyone who has already sent us pictures! They are GREAT, keep them coming! :mrgreen:

Thank you to everyone who has contributed. But we still need more so keep sending me pictures! :cool:

Thank you for the books !!!