Does water run up or down?

This is the drain pipe for what I belive is the washing machine.:neutral:

Some things never cease to amaze me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Herrell 064.jpg

That sure is a bigggggg trap.

Patrick,

It’s simply amazing, ayyy?

But, I think I’ve got you beat. This is a dishwasher drain penetrating the cabinet and going straight uphill to a Tee. “See Arrow”.

“Click To Enlarge”

Makes you wonder who’s working on these places.:roll:

Homeowners saving a few bucks.

Hey David at least they got the Tee pointed in the right direction. You have to give them credit for that. Another bigggg trap.

Yea, where does the waste go from there???

Well, my first guess is that it keeps the trap from the disp. from drying out.:smiley:
Of course, if the waste in the wall stops up the disposal becomes a fountain when the dishwasher runs.

fountain.jpg

Unreal guys and to think the worst I have seen is an unsidedown drum drap.
ha. ha.

Good pics guys, overwhelming. :smiley:

Marcel :slight_smile:

Runs the same way this water heater exhaust does…:shock:

DSC00391.JPG

You have got to be kidding.

Bill, was this chimney at least ten feet above the ridge?

It would need the height to make this work properly.

Do I smell carbon monoxide in this post?

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley:

Don’t think so, Marcel. It’s odorless. Must be something else you’re smelling!!!:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :roll: :roll: :twisted:

I think I have you all beat???

Marcel ,I lived with a upside down drum trap at the basement ceiling and found it handy to rod out, as long as I did not stand underneath when loosing the cover.:slight_smile:

Charlie, I like to find stuff like that, that is nice, but don’t find it.

Must have something to do with I am not looking hard enough. ha. ha.

Marcel

That was a good one. :slight_smile: :smiley:

Nope! Not kidding :slight_smile:

That was my Monday AM inspection to kick off this week! (and that was the least of this client’s problems)

Those are pretty good Charlie! :slight_smile:

Kind of reminds me of this game my brother and I used to play as kids. It was called “Waterworks” used cards with pictures of pipes to build a plumbing system… we’d have twists and turns and loops all across the kitchen table:)

Anyone know that game I’m talking about?

Brain A…,

Is Ray’s rear odourless!!!:wink:

Unfortunately, I remember. Of course, Dad was a Master Plumber, so he thought it was great.:smiley:

Yup!
They actually have a “real” version of Waterworks at the Childrens museums. My son (when he was 4) would get frutrated (after building his contraption with many elbows and tees) when no water came out the top!