double panels

The box on the left is grounded at the plumbing. The box on the right, there is no grounding what so ever. Is the grounding coming from the conduit that connects the panels?

Thanks

Your website has something wrong with it ,and there may be some spy ware site in its place.

Robert
Don’t know what happened, but I change my signature and now its fixed.

Thanks

The panels are bonded at the meter bases. . .

Jeff
This is find then correct?

Thanks

Looks good from my house :wink:

The grounding of each service disconnect has to be brought into each service disconnecting means. One should not bring the GEC to one service disconnect and then leave the other without a GEC.
250.24(A)

Pierre, with all due respect you only need one ground at each “service”.

250.24 Grounding Service-Supplied Alternating-Current Systems.
(A) System Grounding Connections. A premises wiring system supplied by a grounded ac service shall have a grounding electrode conductor connected to the grounded service conductor, at each service, in accordance with 250.24(A)(1) through (A)(5).
(1) General. The connection shall be made at any accessible point from the load end of the service drop or service lateral to and including the terminal or bus to which the grounded service conductor is connected at the service disconnecting means.

In fact it does not need to enter the service disconnect enclosures at all. It could be up on the mast at the service point. A silly choice but legal. In the meter base is more common.

So Greg what you are saying is that, each panel needs to have its own ground? Meaning, ground rod and at the plumbing, correct?

Each “service” needs a grounding electrode system but you only have one service in your example. You can have up to six disconnects on a service but you only need one grounding electrode conductor. “made at any accessible point from the load end of the service drop or service lateral to and including the terminal or bus to which the grounded service conductor is connected at the service disconnecting means”.

I suppose there are other intrepretations but you will need to explain them to me and rationalize the things in red above (on post 8).