Double Studs needs?

What, my jokes make you dizzy? I thought it was pretty funny if you go back to all your posts. ??? Actually I left a post on the HIP- last to post wins, that you weren’t playing.!!! Where’s your humor at tonite buddy?

Sure explains a lot! :mrgreen::twisted::D:D

LOL…its a way to brace gable walls…and used for other supports.
Hogs used to be fed in a V shape tough; when you take boards and nail them perpendicular you get the same effect.

When attached to Gables or used as support to brake down rafter spans then the largest lumber should be perpendicular the rafters or wall… with rafters it should be the same size of the rafters. Bracing supports should be no more than 4’ apart and depending on the load the brace may need to be T’d.

My back is not what it use to be but framing by far was one of the most rewarding phases of building a home I enjoyed.

Richard, studs are sometimes doubled and staggered to reduce sound transmission. Typically they use a 2x6 top and bottom plate but use 2x4 studs and alternate between flush with each side of the plates with every other stud.

Yep, that wall is basically framed with double 2x2’s for studs. Bad framing and probably structurally inadequate unless it’s a non-bearing wall. Recommend SE

If its simply because of nothing studs then no SE would be required…simply have the builder contact his framer and electrician to coordinate that the circuit be removed while new studs are installed and then have electrician properly drill holes in studs for that circuit…you just saved someone a $300.00 SE fee that would tell you the same thing…after all its looks like your doing a phased inspection anyway.

:slight_smile: