EEE or E3 "Exterior Elevated Elements" or SB712 Inspections. Who can do the inspection?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Burr, Galadriel
Date: Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 3:11 PM
Subject: RE: E3 Program and Allowed Inspectors
Cc: E3

Hello Bryce,

Licensed professionals include the categories below, with current licensure in California.

(Pest control operators are no longer an accepted 3rd party inspector for Berkeley’s Exterior Elevated Elements (E3) Inspection Program.)

See also

Certified Professionals (excluding City of Berkeley employees) include the categories below.

The home and commercial property inspection agency listed below, including CCPIA - Certified Commercial Property Inspectors Association, The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI), and InterNACHI for home inspectors are not accepted inspection agencies.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank You.

Related thread from @lhenderson2


Bummer, but thanks for the intel Bryce!

As noted elsewhere the 1st year inspection is invasive. After that we use vent strips and subsequent inspections might involve probing, but no stucco drilling or whatever.

1 Like

I figured as much.

Thank you for the update.

1 Like

How is this affecting your general inspection scope and report? Will you continue to include EEE or not? Have you added any boiler plate disclaimers to your report?

I mention the EEE issues without the term EEE.

My disclaimers include all “regulated inspections” including but not limited to pest, seismic and E3.

I still feel Nachi should add an E3 course module not for EEE inspections, but so inspectors know what they are looking at.