Electrical Service Wires above Roof

Inspected home built in 1982 with additions added on over the years. The service mask is through the roof and the service wires are not the proper height above the roof line. I am looking for comments to place in the report. This is what I have and wanted opinions.
Thanks

The service wires do not have adequate clearance above the roof. In general, overhead service conductors must maintain a minimum vertical clearance of 8 feet above the surface of a roof for a minimum distance of 3 feet in all directions from the edge of the roof. If the slope of the roof exceeds 4 inches for every 12 inches, 120/208V or 120/240V conductor clearances can be reduced to 3 feet over the roof. If the service mast is used in a through-the-roof application, 120/208V or 120/240V conductor clearances can be reduced to 18 inches over the overhang portion of the roof. There must not be more than 6 feet of service-drop conductors over the overhang portion of the roof and the service mast can’t be located more than 4 feet from the edge of the roof overhang measured horizontally. It is recommended that you consult with a licensed electrician.[

Service%20Wires%20Roof|666x500](upload://3H225JP4REb38IIGvL8Azx77RN0.jpeg

We cannot see the photo.

Tried to upload picture and copy and paste and I still can’t get it to show. Need some guidance.
Thanks

Just drag it from your computer into your post

1 Like

And while were in intermission, I’ll post these photos from Wednesday’s inspection

PS - Larry, this is where I was when you called :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

1 Like

I don’t see the problem. Just bump your client off the roof and answer the phone. Geez…:crazy_face:

Too much info you should have stopped after

The service wires do not have adequate clearance above the roof. In general, overhead service conductors must maintain a minimum vertical clearance of 8 feet above the surface of a roof for a minimum distance of 3 feet in all directions from the edge of the roof

1 Like

TMI
Try to remember your client is not going to understand a word in the narrative. Write what the observed issue is, why its not correct, what the danger is and what should be done about it. Keep it short and simple.

1 Like