Hey Peter, I got this from FLIR yesterday:
This 2 day course is intended to give the student the knowledge base necessary to perform IR surveys of residences, primarily single family homes, to identify weatherization issues. The class covers IR camera setup and operation, image downloading and basic report generation, fundamentals of IR theory and heat transfer, use with other testing such as blower doors, techniques, tips and tricks for weatherization IR surveys and application examples.
About Weatherization and Infrared
A good weatherization IR survey can identify thermal anomalies that indicate missing insulation and insulation defects due to damage, moisture and improper installation. The IR survey can also provide indication of potential areas of imminent condensation, moist or wet areas as well as air infiltration and exfiltration, especially when used in conjunction with blower door testing. IR surveys can also find duct leaks when used with duct pressurization testing. Documentation with IR images is a key feature of IR thermography for weatherization. The course covers the caveats and environmental conditions necessary for a successful weatherization IR survey, as well as pitfalls to avoid.
- Get an Introduction to IR thermography
- Learn how to operate your IR camera for weatherization studies
- Understand environmental and target conditions necessary to successfully find problems through an introduction to Heat transfer and IR Science
- Learn about Existing Standards; their strengths and weaknesses
- See Application examples through demonstrations and in-depth discussions
- Apply your knowledge through Application lab exercises
- Learn how to conduct a survey of a single family residence
- Learn how to create an effective survey report
Tuition and Registration
Tuition: $725 USD
Duration: 2 days
Dates: May 6-7, 2009
Location: Boston, MA (North Billerica)Click here to Register Online or call 1-866-872-4647
Manage your Subscription
You are receiving this message because you requested to receive our thermography newsletter, you are an ITC student, or a FLIR Systems customer. To unsubscribe or update your user profile, click the link below.
To subscribe: click here.
Infrared Training Center
25 Esquire Rd.
North Billerica, Massachusetts 01862