Ran across this one today. A wood burning built-in fireplace in the living room below this bedroom. Visual evidence the fireplace has been well used. Don’t know when the stickers were put on. They were not discolored or falling off.
I commented to the clients during the inspection that this was very unusual. Normally chimney flues are enclosed with a 1" minimum air gap around them. I’ve seen them exposed like this through attic spaces, and in living spaces above the wood burner but not in living spaces from the floor to the ceiling.
Any thoughts? Hot Do Not Touch sign??