Exterior PVC

Any ideas what this PCV pipe is for? Golf course Townhouse in Minnesota if that helps.

There was a screw on cap to cover it.

Looks like the sewer clean-out.

Would be a bit odd to have clean out so close to the house.
Was there a perimeter drain system?

I’d bet on clean out.

Sewage clean out, right next to the foundation?

Typically there would be a clean out in the basement right where the main sewage line exits. So why have another right outside?

The next clean out would typically be in the yard.

In my area it is common to have a sewer clean-out at the exterior, within a few feet of the foundation. Though generally not this close. But I have seen them this close, normally when repairs/replacement have been made to older lines, often with septic systems.

In my area it is common to have a sewer clean-out at the exterior, within a few feet of the foundation. Though generally not this close. But I have seen them this close, normally when repairs/replacement have been made to older lines, often with septic systems.

But they are usually 3 or 4 inch pipe.

Any other suggestion?

It could be tied to perimeter drain. Slab on grade townhouse. No clean outs inside the house. Built in 1994 on a heavy clay soil.

Aaron says its slab on grade so I’m gonna butt out now!:wink:
Not common around here, mostly basements!

Did you unscrew it and look down?

My WAG is it’s either a cleanout or a backwater check valve.

Water service valve?

That’s my opinion.
Very common in MN as our water meters are inside, typically in the basement, not out at the curb/yard, therefore there is a need to shutoff the water from outside the home. I would bet the meter is on the other side of that wall (even if no basement).

It’d be a drain line cleanout in my neck of the woods.
This is my house

Slab on grade… I’m going with clean out. Did you give it the sniff test;)

if you truly want to know & want to honor your website promise
“Ultimately a thorough inspection depends heavily on the individual inspector’s own effort. If you honor me by permitting me to inspect your new home, I guarantee that I will give you my very best effort. This I promise you.”
you’ll haul butt back out there and unscrew the cap & come back & tell us what it is
anything less is a disservice & wag

my wag is dope stash…seen them before ;~))

if you truly want to know & honor your website promise
“Ultimately a thorough inspection depends heavily on the individual inspector’s own effort. If you honor me by permitting me to inspect your new home, I guarantee that I will give you my very best effort. This I promise you.”
you’ll haul butt back out there unscrew the cap & come back & tell us what it is
anything less is your least/no effort, a client disservice & wag

my wag is dope stash…seen them before ;~))

:smiley: Yep…

If that is DWV, I don’t really care how close it is to the house, it’s not protected from damage… imagine the pipe getting snapped off, and esp so close to the footing, imagine the fix if part of the fitting below is encased in the pour. I’d hope that’s just a riser with a cap placed over a valve.

From yesterday…

As Tim mentioned, pipe was snapped off about three inches from top…
Guesstimating six feet deep…
Sweeping towards home at bottom…
Water service entrance metal pipe abandoned and replaced with plastic…
Exterior pipe was exactly opposite wall from water service…
Basement floor drains (2) lineup with “exterior cleanout”… closest about 8 feet from wall.

Good catch Jeff. I’ve not ever seen worm gear hose clamps used on PEX, nor looked it up, but would assume that it’s not what the manu’s would want?

Thus the stuff rural inspectors see in these small towns, many of which have no building depts./inspectors/code requirements (enforced). Since most of the towns around here are on watertower systems with pressure only between 35-45 psi, nobody really cares.