FetchReport and Move-In-Certified integrate into new website

https://www.nachi.org/fetch-report-move-in-certified.htm

I plan to start marketing seller’s inspections or pre-listing inspections, whatever you want to call them. Before I do, I want to better understand the relationship and differences between fetchreport.com and moveincertified.com

Am I correct if I say that if I put a “Move In Certified” yard sign at a home, that moveincertified.com allows anyone that sees it to download a copy of the report, but if I put a sign in the yard that listed fetchreport.com instead of moveincertified.com, that would require me to put their email address in before they could download it?

Also, what if a seller opts not to correct a significant defect? For example, lets say the deck is improperly secured (undersized joists or joists falling out of hangers due to lack of fasteners etc), and the seller doesn’t want to address it. Can it really be called “Move In Certified?” The description seems to indicate the seller claims there are no significant issues or safety issues.
Thanks

Also, what if a seller opts not to correct a significant defect? For example, lets say the deck is improperly secured (undersized joists or joists falling out of hangers due to lack of fasteners etc), and the seller doesn’t want to address it. Can it really be called “Move In Certified?”

No. First paragraph at: Move-In-Certified - InterNACHI®

1 Like

Thanks Nick! That’s exactly what I was thinking but wanted to make sure I wasn’t over-thinking it. As always, I greatly appreciate your attention and uber-fast responses!

1 Like

Are we clear to share this on Facebook?

Sure, we’re actually revamping it again currently.

1 Like

Nice post, thank you