FHA Certifications

Hey Mark. What specifically did she tell you she wanted? I’m curious as to if I’m giving them what they really need. Also, did you get the “warranty” thing worked out?

She wanted 1 picture each of the front pic, left/front/side. right/front/side, rear, and street view photos. That was it for the photos. List any safety issues. The only thing that I could list was the lack of grading and grass seeding with straw. She said that I will need to go back out in May to verify the that they did the finish grade. I asked her if I get paid for that to? Yep same price to. Got to love that. As for the warranty? I just had to verify that the hot water worked, the furnace fire up and cycled. Did not have to test appliances. She did want a escrow estimate for the grading and seeding. I was luck there, because I use to do grading and seeding, so I did give that estimate. I have also talked to some HUD inspectors who stated that we are not in no way bound to that estimate.

What does this mean?

The application says you had to have passed the FHA/HUD test to apply for this? Where do you take the test?

Read it again. It says you have to take a class/test when it is available. It doesn’t require you to take the test before hand. The only place “available” is in DC. Therefore unless it becomes “available” to you, you don’t need it, until it becomes “available.”

haha thanks mark it was 2 am when I was working on this. :oops:

Can someone help me with question number 16 on the applicaton? It says please provide the number of principal assignments durring atleast the last 5 years. I assume they are wanting the number of inspections I have performed in the last 5 years right? Then it wants me to list the names of clients. Do I have to put all my clients down? Im not sure what they are wanting here.

I gave a rough estimate of the number of inspections I had done. I was very liberal in my estimation in that if I did a home inspection, termite inspection, and radon inspection for a single client, I counted that as 3 inspections.

As for client names, if I remember, I believe I put “various/confidential”.

How long does it take to get approved for HUD inspections once they recieve?

2-3 weeks. They won’t notify you. You have to keep checking the roster.