FHA/HUD/VA inspections

Originally Posted By: ORVIN DOVE
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

If a person is trying to buy a home thru FHA/HUD/VA can they use any HI they chose to Inspect the property, or does the HI have to be approved by FHA/HUD/VA…are there special qualifications needed for the HI…

If a Seller has a Pre-Sell Inspection performed will the FHA/HUD/VA accept any HI's Inspection report on the property...

Happy New Years,
Orvin

Originally Posted By: ORVIN DOVE

Iam a memeber of NACHI…

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

ORVIN DOVE wrote:
If a person is trying to buy a home thru FHA/HUD/VA can they use any HI they chose to Inspect the property, or does the HI have to be approved by FHA/HUD/VA.....are there special qualifications needed for the HI.......

Any inspector can inspect the property and that report can be used by the potential buyer to help assess the condition of the property. Satisfying the lenders requirements is another matter.

ORVIN DOVE wrote:
If a Seller has a Pre-Sell Inspection performed will the FHA/HUD/VA accept any HI's Inspection report on the property.......

Probably not, but that would be a question that would need to be answered by the loan originator.

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: mpatton

Orvin,

Keep in mind that a HUD "inspection" is actually an appraisal and a minimal standards check list. HUD references this information on their web site and actually recommends a "Home Inspection"

http://www.hud.gov/buying/index.cfm

Also another thread discussing this topic does exist if you do a search you will find a lot more information.

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection
Serving Northern KY & Greater Cincinnati OH

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

I agree that a HUD “inspection” is a minimal standards checklist. However, the 35 point check list includes items that go beyond what is required as a minimum by HUD for a renovation loan. I would hesitate to describe it as an appraisal, although I am sure many appraisers that are HUD approved consultants, perform the “inspection”.

I have started to use a program designed by corporate niche to produce my renovation consultation paperwork. It's built around MS access. It's boosted the professional look of the total paperwork package. Their web is linked to NACHI and they have been great to work with.

click on the Corporate Niche link at the bottom of my services page to check them out if you want.

http://www.texasinspectors.net/services.html

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hi Orvin,

There is a thread in Members only, under FHA Inspections

Carla