forming an LLC

so, ive taken the course, passed the test, getting things inline to get started. I want to start an LLC, will i need a lawyer or can i do it myself? I did a little research and there are websites charging to “do it for you” , im thinking i probably just need to find the RIGHT website myself. any help guys?

thanks!

Go to your state government website. They probably have a link for businesses. Follow the links and eventually they will have an on-line form to fill out. Do it yourself, it’s not hard and it doesn’t take a lawyer. You will want to ask your accountant what type of LLC you need to form though. (ie. S-corp) That will make a difference in how they prepare your taxes.

I have used Legalzoom.com for several LLC setups.Steve

Legal zoom charges you a few hundred dollars plus all of the state fees required. I am in Illinois and was able to do it in about 20 minutes on the Sec. of State website. As long as you know what you want to do, that should be the easiest route

www.nachi.org/inc.htm

Matthew is right. Find your Secretary of State website. Shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes and less than a hundred bucks.