Free Electrical Seminar in Elmira, NY Finger Lakes Chapter

Originally Posted By: rpaul
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

To Jeff and all others who are members of other organizations,

All are welcome to join us at this seminar and as Joe said we want this to be one of the best. The reason the Finger Lakes Chapter of Nachi was started is to help educate the Home Inspectors in the North East. We have a Long Island Chapter that can serve doen state of New York but we
wanted one in the Southern Tier to serve this area of the Finger Lakes Region. One thing, I hope is this is not the last of these kinds of continual educational seminar.
I would evenually like to do one on Roofing ( Residential and Commercial), HAVC Systems, and Building products in general. Even a general knowledge on the New Building Codes just so we can be familar with them.
I would welcome any ideas and input from anyone. Then I would also like to encourage any member of Nachi to get involved with their local chapters because the chapters are only as good as the people want them to be.

Rick

www.rephomeinspection.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I’d like to thank ASHI very much for allowing their members to gain MRC’s by attending our class.

I'll have a formal announcement up soon.

Thanks ASHI!

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Nice job guys.

Originally Posted By: jremas

now isnt it better to compromise and ask rather than be like joe farsetta?

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

http://www.nachi.org/nyelectricalseminar.htm

Jeff, some things you deserve you can get by asking nicely for them, for other's there's Joe Farsetta ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) . You have to fight sometime, or at least be willing to.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I am only combattive with whiners, Jeff icon_wink.gif

"I'll only attend if I get ASHI credits". Then why dont you stick to ASHI seminars?

You seem to take all member benefits for all they're worth, Jeff. Funny how you've never lifted a finger to assist a soul in this org. And, here you are, whining again...

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

And, while we're on the subject of whining, why dont you publicly thank Nick Gromicko for availing this seminar FREE OF CHARGE to all NACHI members. And Nick didnt even have to ask your permission to pay for Joe T's time. Imagine that...

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: jremas

Never lifted a finger huh? Don’w even go there. I submitted more question for the tests we have had than you can imagine. All were quality questions that were referenced directly to published material. After I joined ASHI and my super busy season hit I was conveniently removed from the educational committee by Gerry B and he did not even have the balls to call me or let me know what he was doing, just did it and I found out one night when I could not see that thread anymore.

I have tried IN VAIN to educate the agents in this area, set up Nick as a speaker with a local board of realtors, had NACHI added as a link to several STATE websites, coordinated chapter meetings, trained new people IN MY AREA and more than you will ever find out about.

I am not a whiner, I bring some different angles and problems that I have personally come across and often don't agree with. Frustration sets in when nothing changes after YEARS of little to no change.

I was basically blackballed when I joined ASHI and posted some good questions that were important to the good of the future of the org. After I posted a disturbing piece of information that concerned me, our president called me and told me not to ever call him again and "you are on your own". Nice form of censorship, just remove me from a committee that I worked hours and hours for and push me to the side.

The 2nd best business decision I ever made in my area was to join ASHI. I am paying for it on this board and with this organization but the amount of business that I have received and the doors it has opened for me are unreal. It may just be the best thing I ever did.

Luckily I have been successful on my own over the years with no franchise and without borrowing money from anyone or refinancing my home. I consider myself successful and look for ways to improve who I am, what I do and how I do things. Trying to help an organization like NACHI was on my list but it fell on deaf ears and I am not comfortable with many things that make up NACHI.

I have to go so I am not late for my morning inspection, so I am going to cut this short because I don't have time nor had I had time to post over 2151 posts. Joe F. when you can support 5 children, pay the health insurance for everyone, have one start college, pay an ex wife and still take everyone on a family vacation then you too may just be successful some day. Until then you can continue to put titles after your name and be outspoken on the board to make you feel better about yourself.

GFY

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Guest

Careful there Jeff or you’ll get Joe to do a canned response to your every post as well.

What is success anyway...some people think success is driving a clapped out Chevy Cavalier with no hub caps. Other people think success is about trying to develop a larger than life internet personae to use to bully and intimidate anyone that questions the status quo.

Imagine having the balls to question the ethics or motives of a one man show that has...now get this...according to latest proclamations nine thousand, four hundred members.

NACHI needs people like Jeff Remas, a thinking, educated, ethical man who is intent on bettering the members and the whole profession.

If Farsetta would stop bullying, and name calling long enough to think, he'd realize that Jeff is the cream of the crop and his views and opinions should be well heard and considered. I know that's that's a stretch for someone that advocates having stolen questions from the NHIE for member use, but it's the truth.

Oh, wait, Nick said that Noel Zak gave NACHI ALL the questions from the NHIE. Could it be that was a lie to the entire membership?

Pretty much all that Nick or Farsetta have ever typed here is pure crap. You folks should make some calls and do some checking.

To everyone,

I thought I would start this thread to get hte anouncement out about an Electrical Seminar in the Finger Lakes area. I know what I am about to say is going to step on some toes but it really doesn't matter.

I am doing this to help and all you are doing on here is tearing things apart. If you have some person problems please start a thread to take all the whinnig and fighting someplace else. Take it to the personal level!
I am really sick and tired of hearing this and that about the other organizations. If we are trying to build the best organization for Home Inspectors, this is not the way to do it. For respect to all others, please stop the crap on this thread! Sorry, nick for being so loud about this.

Jeff, if you want to be a part of this fine, join in. If you are trying to tear what I have spent time to build here, please don't bother us on this thread. Everyone has opinions and likes and dislikes, please start your own thread to say whatever Jeff wants to say. I am sure you will get alot of atttention. Please do not use this one.

As for everyone else who is interested in the fact of the Electrical Seminar and want to learn more. I am sorry for being so over bearing. This is for you not for ashi, Nahi or nachi. I want to help all the Home Inspectors to be better educated with the best possible people to do it. Please if you are in the area come and join us.

If you are not apart of Nachi, do not let any of this personal stuff bother
you. Come and join us too.

Rick Paul

www.rephomeinspection.com

Chad is a non-NACHI member who continues to post in a divisive manner, in an attempt to discredit NACHI at any point he can. He continually challenges the workings and structure of an organization he has no membership in. He demands answers, where he has no right to. Time and time again, Chad has maligned members of this org. I believe there is an agenda, here.

One has to ask why he continues to post in the manner he does. He can simply join another org. He refuses to respect the membership of this organization by posting in the antagonistic and divisive manner he does.

He takes advantage of our policy of an open and un-moderated message board, by posting whatever he wishes. He knows full well that the very person he despises most, Nick Gromicko, is opposed to moderation. He even once challenged me to block his IP address. We do not do that.

I will post this message in response to anything Mr Fabry chooses to post. If he doesn't like NACHI, fine. IMO, he should show us all that he is a person of great character and conviction, should simply cease to visit this bulletin board. He cannot, as is evidenced by this very rebuttal. He is a charlatan. He can spin this thing however he wants. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck...it's a duck. Quack, quack, Chad...

Respectfully,

--
Joe Farsetta

Jeff,

You suffer from the Copernicus Syndrome. You believe the solar system revolves around YOU. Well, I hate to tell you, bud, but it doesnt.

Why dont you tell the TRUTH about how you enlisted the help of our President to get you into ASHI. Prior to that, they wouldnt give you the time of day... ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Originally Posted By: psabados

Chad

You're truly a legend in you own mind. 422 posts of dribble and bull. Thats a lot for a Guest. Now why don't you take a flying leap at a rolling donut. If you hit it on your first try, give yourself a gold star and tell everyone in your neighborhood what a wonderful person you are. I'm sure they already know, but they might need it to be comfirmed again.

Paul

Jeff R.,

Is it possible for you to announce this seminar on the ASHI site?

Chad,

Are you planning on attending? Excellent program. I also believe that Joe T., can issue certificates of completion. Should be well worth your time.

So we can have some kind of a count for the Room and for any information we put together. Walkins are welcome too but would like to get an idea. It is only 2 weeks away.

Looking for everyone there and expecting a good time.

Rick Paul

www.rephomeinspection.con
email: rep352@eartthlink.net

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

The first three who send me a list of what they see wrong here will be the recipient of the first annual Bragging Rights Award!

I will see you all this Saturday!

PS: How many are expected?

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

Joe,

Here is what I see as concerns:
1. Open wire transfer Box above the metters.

2. Third meter from left appears to be open.

3. Electrical Conduits is within 3 ft. of a window.

4. The large Meter Box is tapped into a disconnect along with a single
meter above.

And I probably missed the main thing. That is why I am going to Joe's Electrical Seminar to learn more.

Rick

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

Joe. you get this photo from France icon_lol.gif

Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

Photo from Bermuda? Rick: Good start, we’ll post this at the seminar and get more comments. HOW many people are expected? Is it snowing or are the roads icy?

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm