Free Electrical Seminar in Elmira, NY Finger Lakes Chapter

Originally Posted By: rpaul
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Joe,

I have had a lot of people inquire and many say they are coming. I have a Gentleman coming down from Canada, Husband and wife from Rochester, two from Syracuse, and a Real Estate Salesperson, Gerry Beaumont said he is considering, some from this area here. I personally email all the Ashi Central people and the Foundation Association. There is no solid confirmed number but there is room enough for fifty.

I have some door prizes example: an Infrared Thermometer, some small pocket knives, pocket penlights, a 6-1 screw driver. Working on some outlet testers. I have some material from different programs and some information for the National Certification Program for Construction Code Inspectors.
I printed up a copy of the New NYS legislation so people can look at it.
I have some information about Nachi for several of the new people. I want this to be successful. The only way for it to be a success is the people who attend.

Rick

Originally Posted By: prand

Rick, I talked to Mike Ball (CNY chapter pres.) and he will be unable to attend due to illness.

Originally Posted By: wpedley

Rick,

Due to last minute cancellations..I will definitely be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

--
BPedley
Inspecting for the unexpected

William,

I am glad to hear that. Not about the last minute cancelation but that you will be coming. This is all for you and other inspectors.

Rick

Originally Posted By: jtedesco

There were 23 in attendance, 17 NACHI Members and Six Non_Members who are planning on joining.

--
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

www.nachi.org/tedescobook.htm

To everyone,

The ones who came to the Seminar today, I just want to say thank you for making this a successful meeting. Even though Ashi sent an email out to all NYCASHI saying it was not approved. We had a couple of ASHI folks. Thank you for coming. We will be getting some new members from this and we want to continue to do this type of Educational Sessions.

We had a good time and the lessons were very good and informative. Thank you Joe for coming to Elmira for this seminar. We had folks from Rochester, Syracuse, Long Island, Canada, Pennsylvania, and Elmira. Very good turn out. Can wait until the next seminar.

Rick

Originally Posted By: lungar

Why does everyone make a big thing out of nothing???

Do like we did when we had Joe do our seminar on Long Island, Jim Ruppert is also a ashi member and they told him to give certificates to the ashi members and they will get credit for the hours. Rick go to a stationary store and buy a box of them for the seminar and future meetings. Fill in the names and have Joe T sign them, should be no problem then.

Regards Len

PS. sorry Rick about being late on the post, they did give credit on LI I was told.

Len,

I am not making a big deal out if just really disappointed in the way Ashi did it. I am not worried over it as I told Mr. Jones, we will continue to have these and everyone is still invited. Whatever they do with it is up to them. Maybe people will see what they really are and go on to something else.

I am very satisfied about how it turned out.

Rick

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

rpaul wrote:
To everyone,

The ones who came to the Seminar today, I just want to say thank you for making this a successful meeting. Even though Ashi sent an email out to all NYCASHI saying it was not approved. We had a couple of ASHI folks. Thank you for coming. We will be getting some new members from this and we want to continue to do this type of Educational Sessions.

We had a good time and the lessons were very good and informative. Thank you Joe for coming to Elmira for this seminar. We had folks from Rochester, Syracuse, Long Island, Canada, Pennsylvania, and Elmira. Very good turn out. Can wait until the next seminar.

Rick

Congratulations on a successful Educational Seminar.

Joe Tedesco is Top Notch in the Industry. I am sorry that I was not able to attend.

Thanks also for the posted update. Your comments are noted and will be forwarded along to respective parties.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

jhagarty wrote:
rpaul wrote:
To everyone,

Rick

Congratulations on a successful Educational Seminar.

Joe Tedesco is Top Notch in the Industry. I am sorry that I was not able to attend.

Thanks also for the posted update. Your comments are noted and will be forwarded along to respective parties.

Thank you too Joe!

We had a great time and we discussed many inspection items and there were many questions and experiences mentioned by some of the students.

The facility was excellent, and the food was prepared very well.

I also want to personally thank Rick, and especially John Bowman who helped to sign up the new members. He also supplied about four boxes of electrical material for show and tell.

I stole all of the antiques!

I especially liked the 2 pole circuit breaker he removed from a panel.

I will post that image today in the electrical forum here and on my site as well.

I think the NACHI and ASHI members present were very happy with the program, and expressed their personal thanks to me. Some said they will look forward to the NACHI convention in Florida.

Thank You NACHI. I now have plans on presenting about 4 more seminars throughout the USA, including one for the Canadian chapter, eh!

Thanks to NACHI and Nick for allowing me to be the NACHI Electrical Trainer!

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--

Originally Posted By: wpedley

Rick Joe and John:

Thanks again for a great time.Looking forward to the next one.

See you all at the convention. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
BPedley
Inspecting for the unexpected

Originally Posted By: dharris

Quote:

We had a great time and we discussed many inspection items and there were many questions and experiences mentioned by some of the students.

In my opinion this statement needs repeating, From my experience we can attend the same seminar and not only get something new from the same presentation but as important learn something new due to discussions from others,

Daniel:

Thanks, we spent at least an hour discussing various issues, one of which included the need to inspect in the space above a dropped ceiling.

Only one student, out of the 23 did not make that a part of his inspection.

I showed a few of the images supplied by Ricky, and many said that they looked in a few areas and sometimes they found some of the horrors shown on the screen too.

Another question and discussion dealt with someone saying that only 6 disconnects were allowed in a feeder sub panel, and we looked for that rule but it was not too clear.

The 20 ampere circuit for bathrooms was also discussed.

--

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Joe Tedesco,

I am honored to say that I have now attended two of your seminars. Each one was a learning experience. This last seminar in Elmira, was tremendously presented and received. Great job.

At both seminars I witnessed many students frantically writing notes. Is it possible to furnish hand-outs. I would be more than willing to help you with this if you need it. Less writing, means more attention to the verbal detail that you present. Just a suggestion.

Thanks Joe, you're an assett to any Home Inspection Business and a huge NACHI benefit. Anyone who does not attend and participate in your seminars is missing out big time.

John

Thank you for your kind words Mr. Bowman!

I appreciated your help and will work on some handouts, or maybe include some checklist items from my book.

--