Furnace breaker

See 100 Amp. breaker for electric furnace. Two furnaces in home, both wired the same. I haven’t seen it done this way before. I’m thinking the wires from the breaker to the furnace need to be sized for 100 amps instead of #6 and also not double tapped on the breaker. Correct? Or is there a reasonable explanation?
Thanks.

IMG_2153 (Small).JPG

You are correct.

Occasionally, this is a wiring method incorporated internal to a furnace or appliance, but this is part of a listed and approved manufactured assembly and is not field installed.

Thank you for the confirmation.

I would also question the double tap and the use of the green screw to bond the EGC’s to the case.

I don’t know how many of you guys have prowled around in a electric furnace but I have never seen one come from the factory that was not double tapped at its factory installed breaker. They feed the sequencer in that method and each sequencer normally will have two elements feeding.

It all just depends on the amount of elements or KW of the furnace. I have amped a boat load of elements and the majority use by most MFG draw 20 amps give or take. IMHO it would be rare to find more than 4 elements in a residential furnace which would = 80 amps. Most residential furnaces have 3 elements or less and usually find a 60 amp breaker

anything more than 60 amps must be divided and no more than 60 amps

Double taps within a piece of listed equipment done so by the manufacturer are fine. I’m not seeing the enclosure in the OP as part of the listed equipment of the furnace.

Yes I know what you are saying but also the OP did not say how many elements in the furnace. I have never seen a 100 amp breaker period feeding one electrical furnace a lot of unanswered questions by the OP

Some Square D breakers are designed to be double tapped.

Can’t say this is the case here.

Can’t say a parallel circuit is inappropriate for this application either.
Show us the equipment…