Gas water heater in closet?

Lol.
Could Uncle Fred drink when he worked” was lovingly remembered as family members and friends smiled during his eulogy. “Yes good old Uncle Fred.”

Don’t forget to Stalk the fridge shelves to the top with beer and set the thermostat to Very Cold! the families now says as Fred Junior takes over Uncle Fred’s job aiding family members with their modern homes.

Yes there’s nothing like tradition to keep us working for generations to come. :grinning:

Members. Thank Uncle Fred!

1 Like

I like that picture, just circle everything…

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out if this panel can be located in the closet. The closet is located in a bathroom. The home was built in the 50s.
Any thoughts?

It can be in a closet, just not in a closet used for storage, especially clothing. From there you need working and dedicated space clearance around the panel. However, because the house is OLD, the way you word any comment is crucial. You just need to explain to the client how it should be today… and why it may be problematic… then let the client decide what to do about it. Don’t say it’s not allowed or wasn’t allowed, that can easily get you in trouble.

1 Like

not sure what your getting at there Roy

Just showing your second post on the same subject which has more information.

I felt that I should start a new thread since it was a different debatable topic amongst inspectors.

Why. It’s a dialog. Not to worry, Paul.

You have to love the soot convective heat plume off above the ><5" inch threaded nipple for the TPR and above the temperature thermostat.
I guess it didn’t click with Uncle Fred being a smoker :wink:

That was probably caused by a backdraft.

I have a water heater that was installed in a hallway laundry room leading to the bedroom. My question is does this water heater need to be installed with a direct vent or sealed combustion unit? image|231x500

Erik there appears to be a number of issues with that water heater. Contact a local plumbing contractor for corrections as he will know your local codes.

Here’s the installation manual for a like unit. Maybe you will find the answer to your question in the manual.

https://api.ferguson.com/dar-step-service/Query?ASSET_ID=4761597&USE_TYPE=INSTALLATION&PRODUCT_ID=7944611