Gee, Mr. Inspector, do you really think it is overloaded

Originally Posted By: dbush
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Picture speaks for itself

![](upload://hoSDm6UFBe9jxKCUjvoibeBsKPz.jpeg)

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Dave -

You're being a whiny baby again. Golly, if you put "trim line" breakers in place of the big fat ones its no telling how much farther you could go.

Originally Posted By: dbush

Yeah Dan, I know. I figure if I have to put A LOT OF force to be able to put the panel back on with the screws, there might be a little problem.

Biggest problem is, this has supposedly been looked at by an electrician already.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: ekartal

About how many throws in that mess?

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: Greg Fretwell

It is a 40 space panel, 6 2 pole breakers and 7 piggy back breakers. I count that as 41 “throws” and 47 overcurent devices

I didn’t even think you could get than many piggybacks in a 40 space panel.

I wonder if he ground the “hooks” off?

In a square D they have to fit on the rail in a space with a slot cut in the rail.

408.15 Number of Overcurrent Devices on One Panelboard.
Not more than 42 overcurrent devices (other than those provided for in the mains) of a lighting and appliance branch-circuit panelboard shall be installed in any one cabinet or cutout box.
A lighting and appliance branch-circuit panelboard shall be provided with physical means to prevent the installation of more overcurrent devices than that number for which the panelboard was designed, rated, and approved.
For the purposes of this article, a 2-pole circuit breaker shall be considered two overcurrent devices; a 3-pole circuit breaker shall be considered three overcurrent devices.