Getting my certification

My name’s Chris Hayes. I’m in the process of working on getting my Oklahoma home inspector certification through InterNACHI. I work at Hobby Lobby in fleet maintenance but want to do home inspection as a part time gig and to open up connections with people in the real estate industry. I’m looking at establishing connections with other inspectors as well, and to hopefully do ride-alongs when they do inspections for free. Just to learn the ropes!

Chris, even in Oklahoma, I don’t think you’ll find inspectors “doing inspections for free”…or you need more punctuation in that sentence. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, you may consider letting the inspectors out there know where exactly you are wanting to work and contacting some inspectors out of your work area.

Many inspector don’t want to “train” their competition. And, others don’t see it that way.

And, it never hurts to discuss payment, if there is going to be any, up front, even if it is only buying lunch, etc. There is much value in being mentored.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Buy really good insurance…

:slight_smile:

Where in Okla are you located I am in north central but travel the whole State. You need to come to an Internachi meeting usually takes place in OKC. Good place to meet fellow inspectors