GFCI Outlets

GFCI Outlets

Exactly.

hahhahahahhah
:cool:

Yes, I think

Lol…:smiley:

What if outlet is under the kitchen sink?

Then yes I think so

I know you meant this in ‘jest’, and it *was *quite humorous, but to be serious for “jest” a second… whether a GFCI is required in a specific location or not, if one is currently installed, it must work as intended!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming…

Good point.

True. This is a good question of the day, especially for newbies, I thank Brian for posting it.

Why would you test it with a three prong tester when that was not the manufactures suggested testing method? I plug in a tester but use the test button.

I am not sure everyone knows this Greg. But you have answered the question

Do I get a prize?? LOL

I have found the test button to work by hand, and power still remains. Won’t trip with a tested. No tester trip no soup for you.

Me 2

A GFCI with open ground will trip with test button, but not the 3 light tester.

The biggest reason for using the test button on an outlet tester, in my book, is to see if the receptacle is on a GFCI protected circuit.

A GFCI receptacle that does not trip upon depressing the “test” button may not necessarily be defective but rather improperly installed or installed in a non grounded branch circuit. A non grounded GFCI receptacle is safer than a standard receptacle in that it will trip if a short occurs between the hot and neutral conductors.

I have found many GFCI outlets that won’t trip however if you press the test button the power disconnects. have a look at this at:

Bring a hair dryer blower with you, plug it in & while you’re running the sink, simply throw it in. :mrgreen:

MAN that would definitely leave a mark!